Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesday from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Activities to do instead of gambling!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Lexie

Re: RE: Activities to do instead of gambling!

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Jigsaw puzzle is a great idea! And you can borrow them from local libraries.
    Veronica (facilitator) wrote:Why not leave machines - poker machines, computers, smart phones etc - behind for a bit.

Do a Crossword puzzle.

Play solo card games e.g. Patience

Do a jigsaw puzzle - remember those, they take up hours.

Seeing you like a challenge Bull, how about you get a book of Menza Puzzles
    1 x
    Catherine1

Re: Activities to do instead of gambling!

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Activities I do instead of gambling: Gardening, craft, cooking, catch up with friends I havent seen in a while, go out for a cuppa (I can afford it now I am not gambling), walking the dog, yoga, pilates, Metafit classes, puzzles. When you stop gambling, you can start to live again.
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:37 am

Great ideas everyone! keep up the great work!

Regards,

Calvin
    0 x
    shaun1

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Netflix!
    2 x
    kaizen

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:57 am

So I have recently stumbled upon the online survey industry. I have signed up to several of these sites where you get paid for completing online surveys of your opinions on a wide range of subjects (some are even about gambling habits).
    My usual danger time for gambling are during my lunch break at work or late afternoon if I finish work early so I am going to use this time to do surveys instead.
    It doesn't pay hugely well but it is easy. Very easy. I figure I can earn about $10 a day doing this meaning I will make about $2,500 a year if I only do it on weekdays.
    That's my plan anyway, replace something that costs me a fortune with something that earns me a little.
    1 x
    clearthatmind

Re: RE: Activities to do instead of gambling!

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:52 pm

Veronica (facilitator) wrote:
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:26 am
    Why not leave machines - poker machines, computers, smart phones etc - behind for a bit.

Do a Crossword puzzle.

Play solo card games e.g. Patience

Do a jigsaw puzzle - remember those, they take up hours.

Seeing you like a challenge Bull, how about you get a book of Menza Puzzles
    Thank you Veronica for opening up some of the things I used to really enjoy. Jigsaw puzzles in particular. I remember loving those before I started punting. This was 25-30 years ago. I got into crosswords as well. Chess was always interesting as well. This is my first post in this forum. I will have to introduce myself soon. I love reading the stories. I'm sure some will appreciate hearing mine as well
    2 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6
    clearthatmind

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:57 pm

I have to say I had a bit of a laugh from that "netflix' comment. I have the gambling problem but it's my wife that it addicted to netflix
    0 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6
    clearthatmind

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:00 pm

I couldn't have said better myself!
    0 x
    clearthatmind

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:07 pm

I really appreciate that post. It's so true. Love the words of wisdom. They can really help!
    1 x
    JAPAZ

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:53 pm

Faith, gym and writing!
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”