Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Here goes everything...

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Crtny_b

Re: Here goes everything...

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi guys
    Hope everyone is well, how are you all?

I haven’t gambled since the last slip up, we’ve been busy with birthday and other financial requirements. No money to gamble which I suppose is great.

Last night I was really thinking about how the machines truly destroy your spirit and your potential to be who you are mean to be. They are like obstacles that you put in your own way. Alter your mood, alter your emotions which seems to have a ripple affect on every other aspect of your life, family , friends, future, drive , self love and respect.

I can’t be anywhere near them. So this week being pay week just need to remain focused. I haven’t bought a handbag in over 1-2 years. Mine is thrashed and hopefully If I stay on track I could by myself one this week. We will see.

Thanks for being there to talk to.
    1 x
    dragon007 (facilitator)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:29 am

Hi Crtny_b

Well done, I hope you get your handbag soon and it will be a nice symbol of your strength and control.

Take care
    dragon007
    0 x
    Hopeful_1

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:51 pm

glad to hear you've been steering clear of the pokies

and you're so spot on with the ripple effect of how gambling ruins your potential

I have been pretty bad with them lately

my back and shoulders hurt from pressing the buttons over and over

I wanted to get a massage on the weekend but blew it on the pokies instead

its such a waste of time and money..

lately I've realised that time is precious and life is short

I have a young daughter that I'm not spending enough quality time with because I find excuses to go out and gamble instead.. and when I'm not gambling, I'm usually at home worrying over finances or wondering when I can go and "win it back"

sounds so stupid when I type it out, but that's the addict mentality in me

hoping to kick this once and for all and I know only I can control me

good luck to all
    1 x
    Cazza

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi Crtnyb, how are you going?
    It is a hard time of year for us gamblers. Wanting to buy gifts for our loved ones and feeling really good about ourselves when we spend our $ wisely.
    At the same time it's really hard to part with our cash because we think about how we could be using it at the pokies instead.
    When I stumbled in November i remember having a battle in my brain. Normal brain screaming at me to stop.Gambling brain was trying to rationalize by saying "Oh well you have stuffed up, might as well keep gambling to the end of the year and start fresh in the new year"
    It made me realize that that time was the perfect time to stop. Not in a week or a month, but right then.
    So regardless of where you are at, today is a great day to stop :);
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”