Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Here's hoping

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Mongoose

Re: Here's hoping

Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:30 am

Hi cazza day 24 GF I had my second counselling session this week which I find really helps , had a busy week so not much time to think about gambling but still getting urges I am working out when my danger times are and having plans in place but it's a never ending battle looking forward when I can finally get through a weekend without thinking about the pokies , thanks for your support I've been encouraged by everyone's stories on this forum and congratulations on 118 days GF . Mongoose
    0 x
    dragon007 (facilitator)

Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi Mongoose

Well done, an old cliche, but it is really about one day at a time.

All the best.
    0 x
    Mongoose

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 pm

32 days went by and now back where I started again couldn't control myself today just needed to get away and the first place I ended up was pokies blew everything I had . Mongoose
    0 x
    Mona58

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:20 pm

Aww mongoose! I understand how hard it is.... l had strong urges yesterday but instead forced myself home got my book and had a bubble bath! Next time it happens try a different type of escape. We really have to work hard at re training our brains!

Stay strong and hope next time you'll have something planned for escape...
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Cazza

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Ohh poop, you poor thing mongoose. Don't beat yourself up too much though as we have all been there.
    The hard part is trying to think of something else to "run" to when we need to switch our brains off.
    Most of us have been doing this for so long that it doesn't take much thought about what to do when we need to escape.
    Hard part to overcome is that we are generally trying to hide from our own thoughts.
    I honestly haven't found a new hobby as yet but it's nice that i am relaxed in my own skin again. I have missed being me.
    Keep going mongoose, we are all here for you and keep reminding yourself that you are worth being you again 😊
    0 x
    Mongoose

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:54 am

Thanks Mona and cazza for your support . Yesterday let my emotions get the better of me and just wanted to feel good again I actually felt much worse than before so maybe second time round this will keep me stronger , here's hoping once again Day 1 again . Mongoose
    0 x
    Mongoose

Re: Cant stop

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Another Sunday and another stuff up just don’t know how I’m ever going to give up so hard to walk away another 3 hour session today I only walked out cos my friend texted me looks like she saved me at least I walked out with something instead of nothing don’t know how I’m ever gonna change . Need help
    0 x
    Mona58

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:23 pm

Talk to the gambling helpline 1800 858 858

Find GA meeting

It is hard... it takes a long few months of lots of physical & mental strain to get the bloody machines out of our system.-.-and even then we have to be vigilant for a long time... a life time even!

Don't be too hard on yourself mongoose... keep strong!
    0 x
    Mongoose

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:54 am

Thanks Mona spoke to a counsellor last night and still having my weekly counselling sessions just need to be strong and keep away , I was doing so well at the start and now just fell in a heap . Mongoose
    0 x
    Mona58

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:18 am

It happens... makes you stronger next round : be aware of your triggers !

stay strong!
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”