Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 72

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    sunni2185

Day 72

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:49 am

Day 72
    I feel amazing

Friday, 13th April 2018

72 days and not a single tempting thought to gamble! But the journey wasn't easy.

obviously in the past I have proven myself untrustworthy, evident by the many lies i told to hide my gambling Addiction. There were also a number of other secrets, not gambling related that my wife found out about, and that in order to have any chance of salvaging our marriage, I had to come completely clean and tell her everything down to the very last detail of everything.

I still have a long way to go in proving to my wife that she will one day be able to trust me again, but I feel that we are both in a strong positive honest place in our relationship that we together as a team will work towards improving our family's future.

i feel for the first time in my life that I have completely and honestly let someone in to see the real me, emotions, fears, flaws and all. I always wanted my wife to stay in love with the guy she first fell in love with. I didn't ever want her to see that I was vulnerable, or that I had negative emotions. What that meant though was that I was only ever 80% of the real me for her and that's not fair on her.

Ive promised myself that I will never ever be anything less than 100% me for her and our kids. No secrets, never again.

we both feel closer to each other now and it truly feels like from this point onwards , we are on the road to a better future....

I am and forever will be a gambling addict

I have suffered depression, and I acknowledge that I had depression. I asked for help and reached out.

i have no more secrets from my wife

i will always tell my wife anything that is bothering me or affecting me.

She has never judged me and never will

she loves me for me the 100% me, flaws and all

i am a great husband

i am a great daddy to our children

i won't forget this journey and I have realised that so much of this could of been avoided, if only I had not been selfish and scared believing that the woman that I love more than anything would judge me or think of me as a lesser man. She thinks more of me now that's ever before because she loves me and no matter what, that was always enough for her.
    0 x
    Jo-Anne

Re: Day 72

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Wonderful positive affirming post Sunni2185. 72 days is a huge effort. Please keep posting, it will be great to hear how you are doing.......Jo😊😊
    0 x
    sunni2185

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:36 am

Jo-Anne wrote:Wonderful positive affirming post Sunni2185. 72 days is a huge effort. Please keep posting, it will be great to hear how you are doing.......Jo😊😊
    I am glad that I can write a positive post at this stage but more so I am proud of what I have achieved so far. Being honest to myself and being honest with my wife has opened the door to really appreciating what is important in my life. I owe it to myself to honour that life and be me for my wife and children.
    0 x
    Mona58

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:36 am

Well done Sunni'
    Thank you for sharing!
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”