Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • hallo I've come back after a break

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    malvina

hallo I've come back after a break

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 am

Hi All I have moved and had a lot of ill health. Now that I'm feeling more settled and beginning to enjoy the slots again.... I had a long break for a while! - but the hotels are the only comfortable places to drop in for a rest when I'm travelling to the different villages for shopping etc. I now live in the Barossa Village - a beautiful place. I'm going to take the challenge again I did well the first time The last day I played was the 5th April.
    Day 7 12th April
    0 x
    Pea pod

Re: hallo I've come back after a break

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 am

Welcome back Malvina. The pokies is designed to feel safe and comfortable. I miss the venues so much. I love how I don't have to wash my hair or put on nice clothes, I love how I get free food and coffee while I sit on a chair and press the button with no one bothering me. The toilets are usually always clean and the staff are usually always helpful and friendly, I miss the way I could hide away safe and warm in a venue. The reality is they set us up. We spend our money while being safe in the womb of a venue. I have found a cosy cafe now where I like to get a coffee and chat to he friendly shop owner, I like to sit in the library and get some DVDs, or books. I love going to the op shop and rummaging through, I have even found peace and rest at home. Stay true to yourself and if you can limit the pokies well good for you but there are lots of other places to enjoy a rest and peace. All the best pea pod.
    0 x
    Jo-Anne

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi Malvina welcome back. I have recently returned to the forum as well. I wish you very well with your challenge and look forward to hearing how you are going......sincerely Jo :)
    0 x
    malvina

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:25 pm

to you both. I do realise that we are set up by the hotels with their comforts I have needed them though when I go out as I get so exhausted.
    But I have managed to get the habit under control as I explained in answer to Joy yesterday
    I am saving now with no more debts - on credit card etc. but I am here because I know I could go off the path again, but since I came back to this forum other doors are opening.!
    As I said when we make the effort to help ourselves God jumps right alongside us and helps in a big way;
    I had a visit today from aged care and they are going to set me up with a visitor suitable to me to take me on shopping trips.. etc Also have several 3 day holidays in a lovely house in the country - for just $50 a time - includes all lovely meals! good company and professional carer They go to a lot of trouble to find people that we can relate to so this will be great Part of the reason for addiction was loneliness so I wont have to deal with that anymore.
    I will keep in touch and will pray the Lord will help you in the same way He has helped me.
    0 x
    Jo-Anne

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:20 pm

That is fantastic news Malvina!
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”