Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • FEEL SO ILL

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    blastoise (facilitator)

Re: FEEL SO ILL

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi Izzi!

Great to hear how you have overcome the struggle and difficulty of temptation of two days without giving in. Good luck with uni, and just remember to not allow super busy turn to super stress :) Here if you need us, and well done for halfway mark YEOW!

Regards,

Blastoise
    0 x
    pamela

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:35 am

Hey Izzie..how are things going for you??
    0 x
    Izzi

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Hey Pamela,

I am doing alright, struggling to balance work and uni..... going to need some time off from work, in order to put in the effort and time required to do well. Hoping to have a conversation with my boss in regards to that.

My cat is still missing :(

Hope you are doing great!
    0 x
    pamela

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:02 am

Sorry about your cat...I am sure you will find a work/study balance..glad you are still doing ok
    0 x
    JinxyWolf

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Hey Izz,

Just wanted to let you know my Private Messages don;t seem to be working at the moment. I've tried to send you a couple and they haven't gone through.

How's things going? Message me and I'll see if it's working yet.

Be well
    Jinxywolf
    0 x
    Izzi

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Hello,

It has been a while since I have posted and it may be a while until I post again.
    Will update you all the latest after exam period is over in Nov.

Hope everyone is well!

Izzi
    0 x
    Jerry (facilitator)

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:26 pm

Good luck with exams Izzi :)
    0 x
    Paulie

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi izzy been reading over all your post just want to say congratulations sounds like your slowly overcoming this evil addiction giving me inspiration 👍
    0 x
    mhind100

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 pm

I'm in a similar situation. I get paid and because I owe money I think a easy way to get back on track is to gamble, in my head I say I will just spend $50. If I win then it will help me get back on track, if I lose well oh well it was only 50. I can still pay back some of what I owe. As I'm sure your aware this never happens though and I just lose and lose until theres nothing left and I can't afford to make any repayments, getting me in worse debt every week. This has been going on for 3/4 months now. And I'm finally at my lowest point and realise this has to stop. I'm going to put my all in and I know it won't be easy but I know this time I'm ready to change. It's good to read these comments and know I'm not alone. Stay positive, the only way is up from here
    0 x
    Izzi

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi everyone,

It is safe to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (cause frankly it has been that long).

A whirlwind of events has happened in the past five months and part of those events was unfortunately getting back on the cg band wagon. In the end I realised that I could still be lured by the excitement of the machine and I wanted to be lured, cause a part of me wanted to fix some of my financial woes with a win. As I write this I know how crazy and insane it sounds, whilst I was in it though it felt and sounded very logical to me, I was in such a bad state of debt, it was the only solution (so I thought). Yesterday I decided to give up, not because I lost all my pay yesterday but because finally a light switched on and I realised that it was not emotionally, mentally and physically healthy.

Today I woke up with such clarity and so determined that stopping is not such a plan, it is my new way of life. I also have been hanging out to share with you all on the forum about my new road to recovery. The past few months at work has been hell, I would be here all day if I began to tell you how unhealthy and how toxic it has been, add to that the emotions that run aside cg it has been hectic. The past month I have taken more sick days then I have had the past year, it has not been good. And this is one of the many reasons why I have decided to stop and to really start taking care of myself. That is something I have never EVER really done, don't eat healthy, don't attempt to eat healthy, don't exercise (not getting younger) and as I get older, I need to stay on top of these things.

Getting back to the work situation, I have wanted to quit multiple times, the fear of being jobless and not knowing what I wanted to do next has stopped me (although it has not been far from my mind), also being in the midst of uni makes it a really bad time. I also told myself that I should not make any decisions while still being affected by cg emotions. Generally I have clarity after the first week and I will make a decision then.

It is the third week of uni, behind in everything - done none of my readings, nor do I know what is going on. I have two assignments due in three weeks, I really must go. Have also made a decision to quit my weekend job (not just yet) fairly soon though. The last two weeks I have had Saturdays off and I have loved it, they have been me days (simply cleaned the house and saw friends etc) and I need that back. Can't continue to work so hard, it is not like it is even going towards anything. My health comes first before my finances.

My good news is that I moved out in January and I live alone with my cat (I do sound crazy) and that has been wonderful.

I am considering seeing a financial counsellor and in time will continue seeing my cg counsellor. For now I am going to take one day at a time and when I can distract myself with study, as that is one thing I have control over.

Sorry I have been off for so long - time flies.
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”