Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • can I see the light

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    pamela

Re: can I see the light

Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Thank you gzy3..it really is empowering
    1 x
    pamela

Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:20 am

I am a member of Consumer Voice and training for that was very cathartic..heart wrenching..rewarding.
    This gives me the opportunity to tell my story of gambling to different members of the community.
    I give most of my talks to members of the Hotel Industry as part of their training.
    I have one such event today and although I get very nervous before hand ,once it is finished I feel really good.
    It isn't easy standing in front of a room with unfamiliar faces,telling your story of gambling..but they listen..some are shocked,some are sympathetic,some are indifferent but they all appreciate the honesty..My story has a good ending and I am proud of where I am now and what I do..
    So I encourage you all to not give up the fight..don't doubt your ability to stop gambling..and know there is life after gambling
    Stay true to yourself
    2 x
    pamela

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 pm

As I am from SA..I am deeply disturbed to hear they want to change our machines to accept notes..I know other states have this facility ..but it is not an advancement for us..Way too easy to sit and feed notes into a machine..what do you think of the idea??
    And to open pokie venues on Xmas Day and Good Friday...this makes me feel sad..
    I know this will go ahead but it just makes me angry and sad especially as we are gearing up for Gambling Harm Awareness week..I really believe this will be damaging for this state
    1 x
    Mongoose

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi Pamela love reading your posts you should be very proud . We already have machines that take notes in Victoria and yes you are right you just keep feeding one note after the other until you have none left there is no stopping
    Very bad if it comes in because it just increases the risk for problem gambling and as for Xmas day and Good Friday I don’t think there is nothing sacred anymore !!!
    Mongoose
    0 x
    pamela

Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:24 pm

So true Mongoose..it is a bad decision but one we can't stop..
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”