Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A with a gambling counsellor - what's stopping you from seeking support?
  • can I see the light

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Dockers6 (facilitator)

Re: can I see the light

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:32 pm

Well done Pamela, massive achievement!
    0 x
    flipper (facilitator)

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:42 am

Hi Pamela,

Well done, August 1st is not far at all! You should also find a way to reward yourself, maybe take yourself to a nice dinner or movie :)

- Flipper
    0 x
    pamela

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:17 am

I am 2 days off being gamble free for 3 years..I never thought I would be in this position..but here I am.I hope that I can tell you that it can be done by my example..It wasn't easy and at times very challenging.but..so worth it..I look back on my gambling days and feel sorry for that miserable person I was..I had no life.no money and most importantly ,no soul.But now I look life in the eye and say I can do this..and so can you.
    You can eat this demon so don't give up the struggle and take it one day at a time..one foot in front of the other..and say no to gambling today
    0 x
    Keeton

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:58 am

Well Done Pamela,

It's great to witness someone overcome three years without gambling. You should be very proud of yourself. You have a been such an inspiring and supportive person to a diverse amount of people on this forum and on behalf of all on here, I thankyou.

Keep up the awesome work.

All the Best,

Keeton
    0 x
    pamela

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:07 am

Thankyou Keeton ..
    0 x
    Mongoose

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Well done Pamela 3 years is a massive achievement your a great example to everyone that giving up can be achieved . Mongoose
    0 x
    Cazza

Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:06 am

Congratulations on your 3 years today Pamela.
    I can only imagine how fantastic you would be feeling this morning.
    Well done and thank you for remaining on this forum and giving all of us newbies hope and encouragement 😊
    0 x
    Mona58

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:25 am

CONGRATULATIONS Pamela!!
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    BrittV (facilitator)

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:04 pm

So happy for you pamela congratulations! So much to be proud of :)
    0 x
    pamela

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:41 am

Thankyou for your words of congratulations..I never thought I would be in this position but it just goes to show what hard work can do.
    I have come a long way in those three years and am a real advocate for not gambling.
    Some of you would not know that I actually give talks to industry groups about problem gambling..I am a member of a drama group ,all ex gamblers, and we are working on a play about gambling.I am a member of Consumer Voice and we will be taking part in a Mental Health Week expo in October.
    Now I am no-one special ..I have pushed myself to get this far and it has been a struggle at times but I am anti gambling and will continue to champion for change
    For all the new members .dont give in to the urge but try and fight it because remember..the pokies play you..you will never be the winner so you need to retrain your brain to think differently about pokies or sportsbet
    Start to live life without the encumbrances that gambling brings ..I wasted 18 years on gambling ..but I am living life now..it was a struggle at times but I never caved in once I made up my mind to stop.
    Keep strong and say no to gambling today
    3 years gamble free..
    0 x

Return to “The Courtyard”