can I see the light

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: can I see the light

Postby pamela » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:18 am

Well done Catherine1..10 weeks is a great achievement..keep up the good work
pamela

Postby Catherine1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Well done Pam. I clicked over 9 weeks last Friday gamble free. This Friday will be 10 weeks. 10 weeks is the most I have been gamble free before, so I will surpass this after Friday. I finally feel after all the times I have fell off the wagon this will finally be that last time I give up. Life is so much better without gambling.
Catherine1

Postby pamela » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:25 am

I was just recently interstate on holiday and we had a very early start one morning and it really saddened me to see on a cold wet morning.people lining up outside a pokie venue waiting for it to open at 0630..
I am so glad that these machines do not dictate my life anymore..
For all of you who are struggling,don't give up the fight..be strong and say no to gambling today
pamela

Postby pamela » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:09 am

Thanks Lee..I cant believe the difference it's made not gambling and you having done a great job yourself must be feeling the same
pamela

Postby FamilyFirst » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:38 pm

WELL DONE PAM!!
OVER 3 YEARS GAMBLE FREE
Your doing a fine job
I'm almost half way behind you.....
I'll be a year and a half next week
Great to see your doing well and all the best for the next year!

Cheers, Lee
FamilyFirst

Postby sherpa09 (facilitator) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi Pamela,

Sherpa09 here (one of the facilitators on the forum). Well done on being gambling free over the past 3 years! It's fantastic to see the amount of good you are putting back into the community. Keep up the fantastic work :)
Also really inspired to see other people in this forum who are following in Pamela's footsteps and beyond, you're all awesome!

Regards,

Sherpa09.
sherpa09 (facilitator)

Postby pamela » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:41 am

Thankyou for your words of congratulations..I never thought I would be in this position but it just goes to show what hard work can do.
I have come a long way in those three years and am a real advocate for not gambling.
Some of you would not know that I actually give talks to industry groups about problem gambling..I am a member of a drama group ,all ex gamblers, and we are working on a play about gambling.I am a member of Consumer Voice and we will be taking part in a Mental Health Week expo in October.
Now I am no-one special ..I have pushed myself to get this far and it has been a struggle at times but I am anti gambling and will continue to champion for change
For all the new members .dont give in to the urge but try and fight it because remember..the pokies play you..you will never be the winner so you need to retrain your brain to think differently about pokies or sportsbet
Start to live life without the encumbrances that gambling brings ..I wasted 18 years on gambling ..but I am living life now..it was a struggle at times but I never caved in once I made up my mind to stop.
Keep strong and say no to gambling today
3 years gamble free..
pamela

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:04 pm

So happy for you pamela congratulations! So much to be proud of :)
BrittV (facilitator)

Postby Mona58 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:25 am

CONGRATULATIONS Pamela!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:06 am

Congratulations on your 3 years today Pamela.
I can only imagine how fantastic you would be feeling this morning.
Well done and thank you for remaining on this forum and giving all of us newbies hope and encouragement 😊
Cazza

Next

Return to The Courtyard