Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • I need to change.

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Kieran28

I need to change.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:50 pm

Hi guy, my name is Kieran and I'm 27, for the last few years I have really let gambling control my life, between going to the pokies and betting on horses/sports I'm always seeming to do either, at times I have been able to limit myself to just betting on horses/sports and stayed away from the pokies, recently I found myself at the pokies everyday and gambling online when I wasn't and gambling while at work on break, I really don't want to be gambling all the time, it's hard I like to gamble but I can't seem to keep control and lose more then I should let myself, anyway sorry for the long paragraph, I'm just mentally over feeling like this and not being able to stop is frustrating.
    2 x
    tennisstar (facilitator)

Re: I need to change.

Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:32 pm

Hello Kieran,

tennisstar here, one of the GHO forum moderators. Thank-you for reaching out and sharing your story on the forum. I hear the impact that gambling has had on your life and making changes to gambling can be hard. Please continue to reach out to the forums for support and let us know if you would like information on professional therapeutic or financial counselling services.

Cheers,
    tennisstar
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”