Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Success Stories

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    FamilyFirst

Re: Success Stories

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:27 pm

Hi All,
    4 years gamble free for me today!
    Honestly feels like a lifetime ago now.
    Very rarely find myself thinking about gambling much anymore. When I do think about them it's not in bad ways like wanting to play the pokies but more of reflecting on the past.
    Been debt free for a while now and have got to the stage where we are saving for a deposit for our own home. We bought a flash new car last year and bought an even flasher one this year. We have been on many short holidays around the state last year and a couple over Xmas and the next one booked in April.
    Things are really going great for me and I know none of it would have been possible if I'd kept gambling.
    For those who are struggling through just take it one day at a time and truly want to change your ways as you ultimately have the final say.

Cheers, Lee

4 years gamble free
    2 x
    JB-nsw

Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:27 am

Thats awesome @FamilyFirst, its an inspiration for me to continue on (1 month gamble free).
    0 x
    pamela

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Thats fantastic,a really great effort.
    Its amazing what we can do with our lives once we are not shackled to the chains of gambling
    0 x
    the_penguin

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:22 pm

Woooo!!! That's fantastic news @FamilyFirst

Such a great story, and really inspiring for our community members.... You should be so proud.
    0 x
    JinxyWolf

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Hello All,

I've already posted this on my thread but thought I'd put it here too.. I mean why the hell not right :p :p

4 YEARS!!!! 4 YEARS!!! Gamble free :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Never would I have thought this was possible when I first began this journey but here I am 4 years later and I am as happy as I have ever been :D :D

I have new hobbies to fill my time and a new appreciation for my hard earned money.

So in the words of Buzz Lightyear "To infinity and beyond...." :p :p

JinxyWolf
    3 x
    pamela

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:04 pm

You have had a great success story Jinxy..
    1 x
    Octane79

Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:45 pm

Congratulations Jinxy! What I’ve found from all the success stories is we always remember the last date we gambled as it was the rock bottom moment. You have helped me climb out of a hole 160 odd days ago! I hope to get to 4 yrs and beyond just like yourself!
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”