Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • I cannot stop gambling

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    chenchen

I cannot stop gambling

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 pm

I know that I cannot make money from gambling. Gambling is a kind of entertainment. Gabling is relying on the other things. I can only rely on myself to make money to be responsible for myself. I feel that I am stupid that I cannot stop gambling. I lost a bit and then I will try my best to win the money back through gambling. The result is I lost more and more. I feel I am stupid. I want to stop gambling.
    0 x
    BMC

Re: I cannot stop gambling

Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:02 am

Chenchen, you are not stupid. This is an insidious disease that it very very difficult to overcome. I also can't stop and need to be honest with myself and trusted others about the problem I have. Gamblers Anonymous have online meetings every day. Why don't you try one and see how you go? One day at a time.. . Today I will not gamble
    Hang in there, one day of not gambling will turn into two days.... you can get through this!
    2 x
    Damaged_Armour

Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:03 am

chenchen wrote:
    Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:05 pm
    I know that I cannot make money from gambling. Gambling is a kind of entertainment. Gabling is relying on the other things. I can only rely on myself to make money to be responsible for myself. I feel that I am stupid that I cannot stop gambling. I lost a bit and then I will try my best to win the money back through gambling. The result is I lost more and more. I feel I am stupid. I want to stop gambling.
    For us gamblers, it's like we are covered in petrol. All it takes is one little match to start the fire and then we burn ourselves. We think we can hold the match and not catch on fire.
    Don't light the match, don't even gamble a little bit because it means you will gamble a lot. It's never to late to stop. When you hit rock bottom, the only way is up.
    4 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.
    Anita44

Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:29 am

Hi chenchen

Be kind to yourself, take one day at the time.
    I am totally 100% agree with Damaged_Armour said.
    4 x
    pamela

Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:27 am

Hi Chenchen..please remember theses machines are so cleverly designed to addict you..
    You can break the gambling cycle but it requires a lot of effort and self control.
    Is their a friend or family member you can confide in and ask for help,and you will be surprised at how willing they are ,rather than judgemental.
    Start the 100 day challenge..set yourself some goals and remember to say
    I wont gamble today..
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”