Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Life after lockdown

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Lou21

Life after lockdown

Sun May 23, 2021 6:44 pm

Did anyone else feel like the pokies opening up after lockdown was a major trigger. All through lockdown I didn’t think about the pokies but the minute they opened I was there almost everyday and I still am. It’s my first time here and I’m starting today to get this problem under control. I’m scared and sad about the damage I have done so far.
    0 x
    ryan1019

Re: Life after lockdown

Sun May 23, 2021 7:14 pm

Your not alone, im not a therapist i play pokies and horses and understand some of your frustrations
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: Life after lockdown

Mon May 24, 2021 8:26 am

Hi @Lou21,

Welcome to the forums! I first want to acknowledge the courage and strength it takes to come here and post for the first time, so good job on seeking support.

I'm sorry to hear you've been triggered since the pokies opened up again after lockdown. As @ryan1019 mentioned, you're not alone. There's many people here that share and understand the frustrations, sadness and fear you're experiencing.

Do you have a plan for how you'll manage to get this under control? I recommend you have a look at the Take a step forward, Making a change and Understanding gambling. You might also want to go through some of the Success stories on here, as well as the 100 Day Challenge for some motivation.

If you would like to speak to a counsellor, you can call 1800 858 858 for free 24/7 or use the Chat counselling.

Hope this helps. However you decide to go about this, we're here to support you, so please reach out at anytime. :);
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”