Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1 after a massive relapse

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: Day 1 after a massive relapse

Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:41 am

Hi @yep123,

I'm great, thanks. :cool:

Nice, time with family is so important. Good on ya'. :D Uh, a facial sounds nice. Good way to treat yourself. :cool:

Yay, that's great to hear! How incredible that you keep summing strategies that work for you to your tools bag.

It's normal for the thoughts to keep coming through, you're still re-training your brain on how to answer to those urges. What a fantastic 'penny drop' regarding urges passing in 5 minutes. The more time passes, the more scarce those thoughts should appear but also the stronger you're to sit them out.

Must be such a relief to get bills paid and not gamble. You're doing such an awesome job, should be proud of yourself. :);
    0 x
    yep123

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:50 am

HI @Lovely Cat Lady

Day 20! i think .. haha!

The pain is still there, the thoughts are still there, the urges are still there, however i am stronger now to tear down those thoughts.
    I am feeling stronger about life and feeling happier.
    spending my hard earn't money on self care and not on a machines does feel good.

I don't think i would be this far on my journey if it wasn't for this page. All the support means the world to me. As i don't have a partner or friends or family that i can talk to.

I still have a long long way to go, however i am still feeling strong to get through it.
    2 x
    pamela

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:43 am

Sounds like you are doing ok so far..its not an easy road for sure but each day gets a bit easier..keep going
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:41 pm

Hi @yep123,

Day 22 today on my count, woohoo!!! Congratulations, you've almost reached the first quarter of your 100 Days Challenge!!! :cool:

It's so wonderful to see you've taken yourself to a much better place from where you began this journey. A place where you're able to recognise the challenges you face but also recognise having the strength to embrace and defeat them, a place where you're prioritising self-care over machines, but above all a place where you are the author of your own happiness. You should be really proud of yourself. ;);

I'm really glad you've also realised that not having a partner, friends or family to talk to about this does not mean you're alone in this journey. And I'm especially glad you've found the comfort, support and understanding you needed in this community. I'm sure you would have been able to take yourself this far on your own, but I'm really happy that in your case it has been true that "a problem shared is a problem halved". :D

Don't worry about the destination, you'll get there as long as you keep taking every step of the way.

It's a pleasure following your journey. :);

And @pamela, I just want to say you're motivation, messages of encouragement and optimism are greatly appreciated. It's always a joy to see your posts in the forums. Thank you! :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi yep123 how are you doing? I have not hear from you for a while now, hope everything going will for you.
    I am doing good thanks, my determination will get through this 100 day challenge, I don't have the urge to gamble anymore.
    I just keep treat myself now and than , cos I work hard for my money and instead of lost to the pokies machine I rather spend on shopping with friend and weekend getaway instead it's make my family proud and myself too.
    1 x
    yep123

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:25 pm

Hi @Anita44 ,

It is a great feeling! being able to spend money on self care! rather than pokies! So happy you're doing so well!

i have been doing a lot f reflecting lately! thinking about where i could be! if i didn't have an addiction! but i just have to keep moving forward!
    I think i am on day 28! Going strong! Really want to get it 100!

Keep up the good work!
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi yep123 was very nice to here you doing well, yay 28 day now way go welldone.
    We all just need to move forward from now, don't even think about the pass than make us more happier, we all make mistakes in life but we just have know where and when to change from bad habits to good habits before too late.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:23 pm

Hi @yep123,

How are you today? Hopefully you're feeling very happy and proud of yourself. If I'm not wrong, today is Day 50 of your 100 Day Challenge. Whaaat?!?! Yes!!! Congratulations!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
    0 x
    yep123

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:49 pm

Hi @Lovely Cat Lady

Wooohoooo!

How are you?

I am doing so well! feeling a lot happier with gambling not being in my life!

I often do get thoughts though, however i allow the thoughts to come in and then remember all the pain gambling did to me, i think about the new clothing and activities i am now able to do.

I got this! feeling proud!
    2 x
    Anita44

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:51 pm

Hi yep123
    How are you doing?
    I am so happy to see you happy n smile out loud like this very proud of you 😍
    Yep our life all change for better since gamble free now.
    I always wonder how you doing etc, hope everything going will with you. Now I know you enjoy your new life I am so so happy for you.
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”