Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Planning to start 100 day challenge

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Avin1987

Planning to start 100 day challenge

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:56 pm

Hello everyone how are we! Today I lost $2k on sports betting. I have been gambling on/off since last 12years. Lost count of total amount I gambled away during this period. I don’t smoke, don’t drink alcohol so apart from regular living expenses I barely waste money on anything. Wife tries hard to save me money wherever she can to help me out so I couldn’t tell her about my gambling habits. I tried transferring her money every month as savings just to keep money away from me but I am still lying to her to get money back from her to fund my gambling habit.she trusts me but I break her trust just because of my gambling addiction. I know all this money I am wasting today would comeback to hunt me when I needed it most. There needs to be an end to my self imposed punishment and want to get my life back. Every day I go to bed I think today is the last day and tomorrow is a new beginning. Tonight I am going to bed with the same hope, I will start my 100 day challenge from tomorrow onwards. Good luck to everyone who is thinking of starting the challenge / already started the challenge. Good night
    0 x
    TheTiges

Re: Planning to start 100 day challenge

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:10 am

Hi @Avin1987,

First of all, congratulations on having started the 100 days challenge! It’s very brave of you to put the effort into changing a habit you’ve had for the past decade, so please remember to be kind to yourself. Sounds like it’s been very hard for you to keep this from your wife. You might find useful information and resources in the Making a Change and Take a Step Forward sections, particularly Change strategies. You can also contact our counsellors 24/7 on 1800858858.

Please keep reaching out throughout your 100 days challenge. Keeping us posted is a strategy for you to keep yourself accountable. Remember we’re here for you, and there’s many members that have gone through the same that may be able to give you some advice.

The Team.
    1 x
    ryan1019

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:45 pm

Today just deactivated sportsbet and Ladbrokes accounts, first steps
    0 x
    TheTiges

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:39 am

Hey @ryan1019,

Congratulations! Deactivating accounts is a big step.

Reach out at anytime. We're here to support you.

:);
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”