Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • I don’t know I just hate the industry

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    T2021

I don’t know I just hate the industry

Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Hello there I just want to write this down.
    I don’t know who to talk with so I posted here...

Actually I don’t gamble but I work as a gaming attendant. I just felt I’m doing a bad job- encouraging people to gamble. This made me feel really bad.

I m at work right now I went to toilet and heard a customer was calling to her friend and asked to lent her $1500. After that she just played the machine and spent all $1500.

I don’t know I just don’t like this!!!

And I didn’t do anything, couldn’t do anything. ***** this industry!!!!!.......

I wanted to quit this job, NOW.
    2 x
    AGHS

Re: I don’t know I just hate the industry

Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:15 pm

Hi, this is common across all venues, you are not alone. I often hear from gaming staff that they are not encouraged to intervene when they suspect people have a gambling problem despite all of the Responsible Gaming training that is delivered across all sites. It must be very difficult for you particularly when you see those amounts being lost in a very short space of time. Behind that gambler are the families, friends, communities also, so the impact is much, much more than what you observe at the venue. I feel that this is affecting your moral beliefs and certainly if you are able to find another job, go for it. If you read through the numerous stories posted on this forum, you will see the common thread of despair and damage these machines cause.
    1 x
    pamela

Re: I don’t know I just hate the industry

Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:53 am

Thankyou for caring...
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”