Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Don’t know what to do

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Mongoose

Don’t know what to do

Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:35 pm

Think I have really lost the plot can’t control my gambling anymore gambling up to 1000 a night lost control can someone help
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Re: Don’t know what to do

Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:20 pm

@Mongoose you have taken the first step, you are here with all of us because we all cannot control our gambling, I believe talking about it and giving your commitment to the 100 days challenge is a step in the right direction, 1 day, 1 hour at a time, be proud to mark those days off, pull that other person out of yourself, that person whom wants to save and lead a happier life, come onboard and start counting days mate, you can do it.
    1 x
    JB-nsw

Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:49 pm

Hey @Mongoose, sorry to hear that. Time to realign and take stock. Do you need to add some extra barriers? Is it time to try something you haven't already? I recently took the next step to exclude myself from gambling venues - a step i avoided for ages but decided I had to because that was the next level barrier for me. The forum is good but I slipped a couple of times during the challenge so amped it up. Since doing it my mind has been much more at rest - for me if its unavailable the urges are manageable.
    1 x
    Damaged_Armour

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:18 pm

Mongoose wrote:
    Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:35 pm
    Think I have really lost the plot can’t control my gambling anymore gambling up to 1000 a night lost control can someone help
    Self exclusion is a good place to start.
    0 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.
    ryan1019

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Agree boxing gloves is right its a battle of the mind
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi @Mongoose How have things been going for you?
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”