Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Newbie to the forum

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: Newbie to the forum

Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Well done @pricey1981 Sounds like you have made some tremendous progress :D

So glad to hear that you're reconnecting with people on a deeper level, this can really help with maintaining that motivation!

Keep it up! :D
    1 x
    pricey1981

Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:38 am

Had a really productive counselling session yesterday.
    my eyes are now open to why i went down the gambling path, the open conversations with her and then my family and friends over the last 24 hours has made a world of difference on how i have viewed myself and my relationship the last 5 years. I know im at fault with the path i went but i also know bits and pieces of how i ended up there.
    2 x
    Seahorse1

Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Hey @pricey1981
    good to see you seeking support and posting about your experiences will gambling here. How are going with seeking help for your gambling - it sounds like your counselling session went really well :cool:
    1 x
    pricey1981

Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 am

Hi Leonarda
    i've been talking a bit on the phone and also doing self help stuff from youtube.
    once im more settled where im staying i'll also start doing group stuff that sounds interesting.
    to be honest im feeling pretty good at the moment with what ive been doing and the gambling urges arent there right now so im gonna keep doing what im doing and put steps in place to not go down that path again.
    Step 1 - forgive yourself and look fwd. Find happiness and when things are tough be open and talk about it. Don't hide from it and escape through putting down a bet
    0 x
    pamela

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:01 am

Hi Pricey,
    Good to hear you are going in the right direction nd the urges aren't really there.
    Keep believing in yourself and don't be hard on yourself.
    Continue looking forward and take one day at a time.
    I hope one day you will come to the group I am in
    Take care and keep up the good fight
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”