Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Brainstorming

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    doug

Brainstorming

Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:10 pm

Hi All
    A few thoughts meant to be helpful.
    You will feel better when you try to quit gambling, you may not think so, but give yourself credit for the effort you are putting into trying.

You will probably slip up, I did, give yourself credit for not giving up and trying again,

I enjoyed a pizza between the breaks of playing the pokies.

I still enjoy eating a nice pizza, but I enjoy it in a different way, without the quilt and dispair.

During gambling I seemed to be talking to myself inside, I was around many people, but felt very lonely.

Today, I dont feel sorry for someone with a gambling problem, instead I feel they are real people and have real value.
    I feel for them..,
    2 x
    TimTam

Re: Brainstorming

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Awesome thoughts @doug
    I particularly like the one about slipping up and giving yourself credit for not giving up and trying again. It's all about trying again and learning from those slip ups.
    As Dory from Finding Nemo would say, "Just keep swimming" :);
    1 x
    pamela

Re: Brainstorming

Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:43 am

great thinking Dave,life without gambling certainly makes us think differently
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”