Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • TIME TO CHECK IN: How is everyone coping with Restrictions?

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: TIME TO CHECK IN: How is everyone coping with Restrictions?

Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:49 am

Yes as venues open back up slowly it can be quite a challenging time for many people. This is why its important for everyone to have some sort of safety plan for themselves so they don't fall back into that gambling trap. Even though the temptation could get stronger, we have to remember that we all have the power of what choices we make.
    0 x
    pamela

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:46 am

I am hoping that people who have had problems with gambling and have been forced to stay away during Covid,will continue to stay away .i am quite sure it has been hard on many many people but it has also saved them ..I too hope they have a plan in place if they go back to gambling
    2 x
    Sjhbailey

Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:00 pm

I have fallen off the wagon again having work cut hours needing to find extra cash to get by went back to my destructive ways somehow worked for first month to get by but I have realised mid gambling after not losing any money that this time back I'm not going to gain anything from it so just closed accounts down I'd prefer to be broke than gamble away what little I may have
    3 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:58 am

Hi @Sjhbailey sorry to hear work has cut your hours. I understand that can be quite stressful!
    I'm glad to hear that you were able to stop yourself and not give in to the false hope of gaining money from gambling.
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”