Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • lost all my money

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    xuxin101

lost all my money

Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:52 pm

I have lost everything today. i been betting everyday on table tennis and it has really taken a toll on me and I'm starting to feel depressed. Two weeks ago I had $8000 saved and was happy with my life, wasn't gambling, have a beautiful girlfriend and a nice stable job. Everything started going downhill when the coronavirus crisis happened and because of that my work had to sack 30 workers as there was barely any work and I was one of them. With no work all i been doing is either playing computer games or betting non stop. I used to bet on nrl and tennis as I have really good knowledge on that and was profiting but since these sports have been cancelled I have been doing betting on table tennis nonstop. Last week I lost $4000 over a period of 48 hours. My girifriend noticed I was feeling down and sad and she eventually figured I lost money. I had to lie to my girlfriend and told her I only lost $1000 which made her cry. We had a big fight and i told her ill stop betting and gambling. Now just today I have lost my last remaining $4000 with no work to earn my money back. I'm currently receiving centrelink and have applied for many jobs however it is very hard to find a job in this day and age. This is my first time expressing my story to anyone and i need help
    1 x
    pamela

Re: lost all my money

Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:48 am

Well done for coming here..unfortunately I don't know much about online betting.except it makes you lose your money..
    Be honest with your girlfriend
    Remove the app from your phone
    Do whatever you can to stop
    These times are hard for everyone and it sounds like you can't afford to lose this money so take the time to really think about what is important to you..
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: lost all my money

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi @xuxin101

Welcome to the forums!
    Coming to terms with the gambling and speaking out about it can feel like one of the most difficult things to do and takes a lot of courage to do so, so welldone!

I'm sorry to hear about your job. This pandemic has had a profound effect on many and I understand it is a very stressful time.
    Online gambling can be really destructive as you already know, because with one click of a button large amounts of money is gone to the point where sometimes it doesn't even feel like we are handing over real money.
    I would suggest looking into https://www.gamblock.com/
    This can help ban you from gambling websites and apps. There are gambling counselling services you can access for free if you would like some further support.
    The forums is a great way to start, its a supportive environment where members provide other members with some great advice, tips and support. So i encourage you to have a read through other posts if you haven't already done.

In the mean time, think of ways you can distract yourself (i know these are limited because of isolation rules) but remember that the urge to gamble doesn't last long but can be feel very strong. So try pay attention to whats going on for you, what urge your experiencing, how you're feeling and try not to act on that impulse to gamble.
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”