Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 44 GF

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Tilney

Day 44 GF

Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:10 am

Today is my 44th day gamble free. I hit rock bottom hard and vowed to never play Pokies again. I never thought I could do it, but after self exclusion and regular counselling sessions. I’ve somehow managed to get to day 44, every day gets easier but it is still a struggle. I’m very slowly making my way out of debt and am virtually starting from scratch now at the age of 32. I’m looking forward to the freedom that comes with being in control of my own money.
    If you’re wanting to stop gambling your life away, then trust me, it is possible. Don’t give up, giving up!
    4 x
    AGHS

Re: Day 44 GF

Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:59 am

Good on you!!! You must be so proud of yourself..............isn't it so empowering not to be completely controlled by gambling. I reckon I am about 4 years gamble free, I occasionally think about it but I don't act on it at all, better things to do with my money and life.
    1 x
    HarryVic

Re: Day 44 GF

Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:58 pm

Well done indeed :);
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”