Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • How to get over the anger and regret?

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    pamela

Re: How to get over the anger and regret?

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:25 pm

Don't be intimidated..remember the people at those meetings are just like you..having a problem ..they will help and support you..
    There is no shame in asking for help
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:07 pm

Good to hear everyones contributions to the forums

How have things been going for you @Bluetack2 ?
    1 x
    Chunkyquitter

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Nothing to lose now this Coronavirus has pretty much ended on of my ways to repay people. ***** that stupid person that ate a bat
    0 x
    unitjohnson

Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi Bluetack,
    I used to think that nothing matters anymore since I lost so much money, so I might as well keep going and try to rack up some winnings to replace it. But I've realised, although you hate yourself for losing so much, and it FEELS like money has no value anymore, it's much more valuable and meaningful to you to STOP the habit. Because in the long run, ending a bad habit can only be rewarding. Yes there is a chance you can go tonight and win a grand. I know because last week I won $800! Luckily I kept it, and did important things with it straight away before I lost it again. But it's much more important to try and cut your losses and just stop. That's what keeps us going even though we know it's so bad. Chasing losses. The best thing you can do is to literally forget it, put it behind you, and feel pride in the fact that everything in your paycheck has been well earned and no one can take it away from you. The occasional wins aren't good enough to keep up this bad habit. It mathematically doesn't make sense to keep risking money. In the long run you will never get ahead, so we all have to be stupid to keep going.
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”