Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Back & better

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Realme

Back & better

Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:30 am

It’s been a long while since being here last, I felt like such a failure these last few years (since joining here) & didn’t want to be back due to all my relapses. I’m happy to say I’m at 41 days pokies free, no stumbles this time round. Pam & Mona were my rock, always inspirational & saying it can be done.
    So how did I do it ? I done self exclusion, banned myself for 3 years from the pokies venues that were causing me financial losses. The moment I self excluded was the moment my life changed for the better - no urges to date & feeling so much happier & more confident in myself that I can do this.
    Thanks again Pam & Mona for all your past support & for believing in me.
    P.S. You may not remember me as I know you write & support many people but that’s ok. You are both beautiful, intelligent & amazing ladies & I thank you for being here & for this wonderful community
    3 x
    Mona58

Re: Back & better

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:30 am

Suzy!!
    Well done! Of course I remember you!

41 days YAY!! congratulations!

Seeing your post has made me happy for the day .

Where there's a will there's a way. Knew you would make it through eventually.

Mona.
    2 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Calvin (facilitator)

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:47 am

Well Done @Realme . Fantastic achievement!

keep up the great work.

I'm also pleased to hear that some of our long time members have been of help to you :)
    1 x
    Realme

Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi Mona,
    yes it’s me Suzy - I’m glad you did remember & I’m also happy to know I made you feel happy, brings a joyful feeling to me. I hope you reward yourself with something nice today, tomorrow, or this weekend because you deserve it - I’m so proud of people like you who help others succeed. I have loved being on this forum & will continue on my journey to reaching my goals.
    Thanks so much again Mona
    3 x
    pamela

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi..thanks for coming back and telling us of your success..always makes me feel happy to know I have helped in some way..we need to continue supporting each other😄😄
    2 x
    How the F did I get here

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:19 am

@Realme

Hey I also remember you!
    Well done on your achievement of being gamble free. Sensational!

Keep smashing it!
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Love this thread, and love how you're doing RealMe! Keep it up!!
    1 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    Realme

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:56 pm

Thank you friends,
    really appreciate your replies. I’m 58 days today - just started a new thread for the 100 day challenge, I’ll post here too on keeping intouch & how I am.
    Today I’m home & have to get into an online course I’m doing in my sales cert 111. Life is much better compared to my earlier times before starting day 1.

Thanks again everyone here for your support, have a great day 😊
    4 x

Return to “Change Makers”