Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Please help

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Elizabeth

Please help

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Please help. I don't knwo what to do anymore . I can't stop and I'm I'm drowning. I don't know what to do. I keep going even though I have nothing left. I really need help.i don't know what to.do
    0 x
    Mona58

Re: Please help

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:35 am

Hi Elizabeth

Hope you are abit ok now.

It is very hard to break away from the habit, The machines have twisted our mind and we ''unconsciously" go back pay after pay. It takes a lot of energy to fight the worse of urges in the first few weeks. We need to be aware of what we are fighting.

Maybe it will help to understand how the machines have psychologically got it's grip on our mind by watching Ka' Ching Pokie Nation.

It is worth the fight for gamble free life and this takes getting used to. Re-learning to "enjoy" and "be happy" amid life's chaos without the added burden of gambling hangovers I can only describe as "normal" ... some days are good and others crappy in a sense much like the weather!

stay Strong Elizabeth! You CAN do this.

Keep posting and read as many posts as you can.

Mona
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    zackawadz

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:34 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
    Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:29 pm
    Please help. I don't knwo what to do anymore . I can't stop and I'm I'm drowning. I don't know what to do. I keep going even though I have nothing left. I really need help.i don't know what to.do
    You are not alone . what ever type of gambling you do , the end result is the same . remember that when you gamble you are not free. Choose freedom
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Elizabeth, how are you going? We hope you're feeling a bit better.

Some beautiful support here.
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!

Return to “Change Makers”