Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • A habit worth knocking

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    ryan1019

Re: A habit worth knocking

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Going ok actually putting barriers up going to that place and know the house will win i will keep away this weekend and next and go with the ms shopping and go walking
    3 x
    pamela

Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:24 am

It's a great idea to put strategies into place..
    0 x
    ryan1019

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Went back today blew 800, when in there one is mesmerised and each 50 doesn’t mean much but it does when weeks go by. It’s psychological and yep im caught up in it.
    0 x
    Springhope17

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:07 am

Hi @ryan1019
    Atleast you came straight back here and admitted ur lapse. It can be so hard this time of year! Keep putting strategies in place and maybe next time call the hotline or come on here and say what you are feeling and that you are thinking about gambling! I wish i had the answers but I myself am struggling to break free! Try to remain positive. We can do this!
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Great words of encouragement @Springhope17

As mentioned by Springhope17, you chose to come back and acknowledge whats happening for you and that takes some courage. It can be a difficult time of year, but theres always time to change our habits.
    Keep pushing through, strategies can help a lot!
    1 x
    ryan1019

Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:23 pm

Went with a friend out Back to the machines and free drinks 2.4k down over the day , one doesn’t realise how fast money goes until one takes stock a day or two later. I want to make some serious new years resolutions and remind myself this place most of the time one comes out a loser.Keep myself busy at work and make it so i have less time to go astray.
    0 x
    gzy3

Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi @ryan1019
    It sounds you will develop a strong goal in regard to your gambling.
    What would you want yourself look like in relation to gambling in 2020?
    Keep us updated ryan1019!
    1 x
    ryan1019

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:46 pm

Just reading a quote for thought.

Time never stands still, it’s always moving on. The past is beyond our control, but the future is still in our hands. To shape it we must use our intelligence and make an effort. We can change our circumstances. Becoming demoralized is of no use. Today, technology has given us one human community in which we can work together. With the start of a new year, a new decade, let’s look forward to positive change.
    3 x
    ryan1019

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:41 pm

A fool for punishment did a cash advance on cc., but left with some in hand starting to learn i hope the house always wins even though im broke. Back to work Monday
    1 x
    pamela

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:14 am

You can beat this habit if you really want to but you have to work at it as it IS hard..but so worth it..try keeping strong and have the strength to say no
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”