Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Funny/cringeworthy gambling stories!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    How the F did I get here

Funny/cringeworthy gambling stories!

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Lighten the mood! What are your funny/cringeworthy gambling stories that you look back and either laugh because you can't believe you did that or cringe at the thought.

Edited post, hey guys edited post, think it could be a good thread.
    3 x
    pamela

Re: Funny gambling experiences

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 pm

Not sure I ever had any fun experiences when gambling..but I am intrigued by your story
    0 x
    How the F did I get here

Re: Funny gambling experiences

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:03 pm

@pamela
    Perhaps I should reword what I meant. Experiences where if we don't laugh we will cry. Past experiences where we look back and thinking I can't believe I did that, an omg moment looking back.
    But tbh Just realized it a bit of a mission to relay it on here. Cbf tbh 😂
    0 x
    pamela

Re: G

Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:27 pm

Oh my gosh I have plenty of those moments..some I am not proud of..I think one I would mention is when I gambled all my money away down to my last few dollars..and I would win $5.00 and go home feeling proud..lol..how stupid..I would beat myself up and then think it was ok coz I had 5 dollars..although I am not sure what I thought I could buy with that...
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:22 am

Hi @How the F did I get here I’ve sent you a private message
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    Mona58

Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi HTFDIGH

I'm sitting here doing some hand sewing .-and thinking of your initial post....

My stupid funny thing about the pokies was paying $20 for a ''free" cappacino before work!!

Nothing wrong with your initial post! You know we can't always Know how anyone would react. You know I think most people shy away from posting in the forums. i often wonder why,.. but deep down I know they read and go away with the knowledge.

Keep posting. I really enjoy your posts and hope you are doing well!

Mona
    2 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Cally

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:11 pm

I often read the forums but rarely post I think it is because of the shame and embarrassment :( :( I feel and I have trouble bearing my soul to strangers.
    2 x
    Mona58

Re: Funny/cringeworthy gambling stories!

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi Cally

Welcome to the forums .

Nothing to be ashamed of ... if anyone should carry the shame of gambling its the "government"! I'm actually getting really annoyed with these gambling adverts on telly ..-its as if they're preying on the vulnerable. I do understand that it comes down to "choice" but with all these high mortages... high rents and cost of living its tempting for people to take to gambling. I remember when pokies was taberet and those adverts were constant on telly... enticing people into the D-dens... once hooked ... yeah... you guessed it no need for adverts! Not that the government cares since they say "society" reaps the benefits from gamblers! Argh!! it really annoys me thinking about all those years that practically cost me my freedom!! I wasn't free!! I was brainwashed... programmed ... manipulated... by a machine!!

Mona
    3 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    BrittV (facilitator)

Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi @Cally *wave*
    There's no pressure to post of course but please don't feel ashamed or embarassed - like mona says there's nothing to be ashamed about! You are in a safe community here of people who understand exactly what you're experiencing. Please know that there's no judgement here!
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    How the F did I get here

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:51 am

I would always leave knowing the gaming staff had more of my money on them than I did.
    For some reason I've always been a tipper (good). I'd leave with silver in my purse but the staff a nice number of notes.
    🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”