Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us tonight from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • My story

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Samual88

My story

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:55 pm

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    3 x
    Nowinners

Re: My story

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:46 pm

I have taken me first step tonight to try and do something about my gambling addiction. You sound like you are in a bad way. At least chatting to someone in this forum might be a way for you to connect with someone who can perhaps offer you support.
    3 x
    Ducky89

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:59 am

@Samual88 thanks for sharing your story. I hope you will get what you're hoping for by connecting with others on the forum and hearing others' stories as well. It sounds like you've really struggled with this and if you're wanting to make some changes to your gambling there is lots of help available through Gamblers Help (you can get linked in by calling 1800 858 858).

What have others done to help them get started when they are facing a real low point in their gambling journey?
    0 x
    pamela

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:57 am

Thanks for sharing and you have taken the first step to recovery...you might think you can't stop but that is because you have programmed your brain to gamble..over time you need to reprogrammed how you think.
    It isn't easy but it can be done..you need determination and will power..you need to try and focus on the positives and stop trying to chase those elusive wins...sure you might win big..but it all gets lost again..set some goals ..confide in someone..come here for support..but don't give up
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”