Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Podcast idea feedback

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Gocats888

Podcast idea feedback

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:05 am

Hi everyone

I’m 3 months gamble free after 3 relapses. The pain of the last one was (and still is) significant. I’m slowly digging myself out - but I will get there eventually.

I wanted to run an idea past this forum. Each time I relapsed the first thing I did was come here and read daily. It helped a lot. The initial depression is hard to bare and finding similarities in others helped me cope.

I’d love to harness this idea and develop a podcast that focuses on support. Support for those who suffer in silence and need a relatively discreet way of making that first step. I’d like to think that the episodes could encourage further help seeking in the future.

This is all just in the idea stage and I know there has been one developed before (not a dollar more).

What id like to know is... do you think this is something you would use? Do you think it would help you in some way?

I would like to make it clear that I am not doing it for financial gain. I want to help. The stigma attached to problem gambling help seeking is as strong as it ever was in my opinion. I hate to think there are so many battling these demons in silence.

Feedback welcome
    2 x
    Mona58

Re: Podcast idea feedback

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:48 am

Hi GoCats

This sounds like a great idea. It would lead , as you say, people to seek further support, The difference between reading txt and hearing reassurance in isolation would have a bigger effect.

Mona
    1 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius

Return to “Change Makers”