Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us tonight from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Trying Counselling

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Nainen

Trying Counselling

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:04 pm

I am in the same boat as do many here... i have had the wins and the ongoing loss after loss, the shame and self hatred and loathing.. drank to numb.. worse and worse. Well i finally got to see a psych and we are working on my Coach voice instead of my Hater voice.. 3 days no pokies. Gave partner my cards and will not be hungry when i drive home.. count backwards from 300 relaxing a bit at a time.. all the best everyone 😋💪
    4 x
    Ducky89

Re: Trying Counselling

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:18 am

Welcome to the forum @Nainen ! Sounds like you are taking some great steps to get yourself on track and learning some helpful strategies. Hope you can get lots of support from the other members here as you continue on this journey. All the best

- Ducky89
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”