Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Karmzmaree

Re: New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Thanks for replying ❤️ Basically what kept me not betting was I was quite sick after having my son and very very busy he was up every hour not even joking, therefore I think I was pre occupied. So far so good I haven’t done any betting as of yet but tonight will be the struggle street, as I’m so used to laying down and betting a little even my mind is telling me that if I do just a little bit tonight it won’t be so bad, ah gonna be hard but glad I found this page.
    0 x
    Pikachu

Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:11 pm

Hey @Karmzmaree , good to hear you are doing well so far for the day. THe night can be bit hard, like you said we are less busy, so we can get quite tempted. Perhaps you could find something else to do when you are just laying in bed. What do you enjoy doing?
    And we are having the Chatty Tuesday tonight, so feel free to join the conversation if you want some distraction~ :o
    0 x
    Pikachu

Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:14 pm

Good afternoon all~ How we all doing?

Let's welcome our new members today :o
    @Alexv2019 @Saowapha @Jenniep @ScarlettM @Sharksfan88 & @Honeybunnny
    This forum is a safe and judgement free space for you to seek help and connect with each other. Feel free to introduce yourself a little bit in this thread, just remember to keep it anonymous~ :);
    If you need some extra support from us, please just @ myself or @Printemps , we will try our best to help~ :o
    0 x
    Rosenbop

Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:51 am

Hey everyone
    I'm a 24yr old female from NZ. About 6months ago I had a go on the pokies and found that I was quickly spiralling. After a few small wins early on, everytime I went for after work drinks I couldn't resist trying. I originally stuck to my limits but then strated to get more cash out. Before coming to au a month ago, I had had a month break from the pokies after realizing I had spent about $600 (which was a lot for me). I acknowledged that I have an addictive personality. However once I came to au on a 3month contract without knowing anyone or having a car, I have found that I go to pub most days after work and really struggling to have self control. Within the last month I've spent $1600 dollars. I really just don't know how to manage the urge. And stopping cold turkey isn't working. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    0 x
    Maxy
    Community Manager

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi @Rosenbop and Welcome to the forums. You have certainly come to the right place to seek support. Have a read around the forums, you may find other posting about their journey and recovery inspiring, And just remember that you are not alone, there are many members of the community struggling with the same things.
    You mentioned that you had a break of gambling for about a month?
    What were some of the strategies that helped you then? I can imagine feeling a bit socially isolated in a new place must be really difficult and not help with the urges.
    What are some other activities that you enjoy doing?
    I look forward to seeing your reply and I hope you find some support within the community too.
    Should you feel you need more support you can always call the National Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858 and have a one on one chat with a gambling counsellor that can provide you with some useful strategies and support options.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:08 am

hi everyone! I want ed to kick off the weekend by welcoming out=r new members @Jacob99 @mattymcguire @Jtomanzo7 @ataloss6 @Yeet82

These forums are a welcoming and safe place for you to start your journeys! Everyone here has lived experience and is on their own recovery pathway! You can use these forums as a way to connect with others, find information advice and a bit of extra support!

If you have any questions, please feel free to tag myself or @Pikachu ! :o
    2 x
    Pikachu

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:29 am

Good morning all, are we all ready to start another week? Remember, one day at a time~ :);
    Big welcome to our new members :D
    @Fruitdealer @Cindy44 @alooosh @JCepic @Zach 88 @Sydneyguy20 @freedom1313 @Veasna @Kbus @Flipper22

This is a safe and judgement free space for all of you to get the support and connect with each other. Feel free to look around for some inspiring stories! If you have any question, just @ myself or @Printemps ~
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:32 am

@Himanshu and @Inprobability and @Worthless how are you all travelling? Is there anything @Pikachu and I can support you with or anything like that right now?
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:34 am

Good morning and welcome our new members @CCKKD @Moosh @Lewis D @Leonardo102 @Legs2001 and @Stopping

These forums are a judgement free space for you to connect with others and find support and advice. You can use this thread to introduce yourself, just a little about you (keeping it anonymous!), your goals and what you're looking for today!

You might find it useful to check out the 100 Day Challenge threads to see how others are approaching their journeys, or the Success Stories for some inspiration :o
    0 x
    Pikachu

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:32 am

Good day everyone~ How was your weekends? :);

A big welcome to our new members~~ :D
    @Leosan07 @Vhht @Pets @cockatoo777 @The Kracken @Tinybird @Barrni0 @Bingokeno @Brownick @ReReFranklin10 @Michael Zolotko @Meerkat54 @Making the change @Yve @Jadeybabey @Passer @Rayp @Mewlid @User 62f770e507586 @Kieran28 @SABaulch @Egg53 @Naelgawro @Oranee Wichai @Claudio @hooligan067 @Positivesteps2022 @BetterEachDay @Topsliceofbread01 @jade290384 , @DavidJJJ, @Sparky91 ,@New here & @Georgiaj01

These forums are a safe space for you to seek the help you need and connect with each other. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to @ myself or @Printemps , we will try our best to help. Look around for some inspiring stories from your peers! :o
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”