Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Printemps

Re: New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:58 pm

welcome to the forums our new members @Jemmy , @p3rs02 , @thoughtweweredifferent , @Lemonmyrtle . @Lachie95 and @Lookingforhelp234

These forums are a judgement free space for you to connect with others and share your stories! You can use this thread to write a little about yourself, your goals and what bought you to the forum today.
    0 x
    Printemps

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:04 am

God morning on this happy Friday and welcome to our new members @xRyl33x , @NoMoreFreeSpins and @PC33WW

The Gambling Help Online community is a judgement free space for you to share your journey and connect with others. Everyone here has lived experience, and have come to share support and find advice and strategies for recovery!

You might find it useful to check out the 100 Day Challenge Threads and the Success Stories Thread as a bit of inspiration to get you started! :o

You can share a little about yourself in this thread here, and I'll see you guys around the forums :o
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:44 am

good morning everyone! I want to give a big welcome to our newest members @Flys , @Taco and @Michael90

When you feel ready you can introduce in this thread. I know it can be difficult to find the words, but just a little about yourself and what bought you to the forums today is a good start!

Everyone here has their own story and lived experience. This is a judgement free space, so know that anything you say will be safe!
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:33 am

good morning and welcome to the forums to our new members @nottattered , @Paul b , @Joey1234 , @Apsa and @teck chun low

The forums are a space for you t connect with others and share advice and support!

You might find the Success Stories thread a great place to start, just to build up that motivation. Or you might like to check out the 100 Day Challenge Threads, to see how others have approached their journeys!
    0 x
    Printemps

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:50 pm

Good afternoon everyone! A big welcome to our new member @Matty85 , @Zena70 and @User 61f0e8f28c049

This is a judgement free space for you to share you journey and connect with others. You'll find all kinds of support and advice amongst the threads!

When you feel up to t, you can use this thread to introduce yourself and share a little about what bought you to the forums today! :o
    0 x
    Printemps

Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:36 pm

WElcome to our newest members @Njd , @anonymouse and @Sd2002

These forums are here for you to share you journey and find support and advice!

You can use this thread to introduce yourself, when you feel ready! :o

If you have any questions you can use the @ symbol to tag me or other members!
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:18 am

welcome to our newest member @Jab23 !

These forums are a judgement free space for sharing support and advice with others who are looking to change their gambling!

When you feel comfortable, you can introduce yourself in this thread, just a little about yourself and what bought you to the forums today! :o
    0 x
    Booster

Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:53 am

Hi there I have just joined the site as I have a addiction to gambling. I hope to repair the relationships I have lost especially trust with my family. Yesterday was a day I came clean and today is the start of a honest and open relationship with my wife of 15years and my three kids.look forward to changing my life for the better and feeling like a normal person again. Hope to here other people's stories
    2 x
    Printemps

Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:09 pm

hey @Booster welcome, and thank you for sharing your story! it shows a lot of strength to open up like that. IT sounds like you've been through a lot and are ready to really make a change. You might find it useful to check out the Success Stories for some inspiration. Or maybe start your own 100 Day Challenge as a way to make a start and keep track of your days!

I'll tag some members who might have some words of encouragement @Judes @Kevcollingwood @yep123 @Anita44 @Pea pod and @Dfs674
    2 x
    Judes

Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:17 pm

Hello @Booster - welcome! I have found this forum as well as the 100Day Challenge app for gambling support both to be supportive communities. I am at Day #43 having gambled thousands of dollars over the last 8 years. I have tried many times to quit ( my poison being the pokies) but this is the longest I have been gambling free in 8 years! For me what has helped are the following:
    - forgive yourself for what has been - look forward only and concentrate on how you will “feel” being gamble free
    - I listen to self-development audio books daily (not for everyone but keeps my mind focussed on the goals for the other areas of my life)
    - I exercise every morning to set me up for a successful day
    - daily meditation
    - I do not go to venues where I have previously gambled at all
    - I have identified my triggers and as soon as I have an urge I get busy doing something else, read posts on here or the app, or I call a trusted friend. There is also a 1800 number you can call at any time to help
    - I initially posted on here every day at the beginning just to get my feelings and thoughts out there without judgement

Lots of people on these forums have self-excluded from venues; had blocks re cash withdrawals on their bank accounts; blocked apps on their phones; etc - I have been fortunate not to have had to do any of these but there will be others in this community who can give you advice regarding this.

Admitting you have an issue and being honest with your family is a massive step so congratulations for taking that! It really will be worth the short-term pain.
    3 x

Return to “Change Makers”