Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Printemps

Re: New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:55 pm

good afternoon and welcome to our newest members @Purple blossem and @jeeaap007

These forums are a judgement free space for you to connect with others and find support and advice. You can use this thread to introduce yourself, just a little about you (keeping it anonymous!), your goals and what you're looking for today!

You might find it useful to check out the 100 Day Challenge threads to see how others are approaching their journeys, or the Success Stories for some inspiration :o

If you have any questions or need some support please feel free to tag me using the @ then type my name!
    0 x
    Printemps

Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:45 am

Welcome to our new members @missaustralia , @Faze529 , @DartsFanatic and @Zeke

These forums are a space for you to share your journey with others who have lived experience! This is a judgement free place to share advice and support, and help each other with the ups and downs of this journey!

Youm might find it useful to check out the Success Stories for a little inspiration, or to check out the 100 Day Challenge threads and see how other members are travelling!

You can post a little about yourself in this thread here, maybe your goals and what bought you to the forums today. I'll see you around the forums :)
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:14 pm

Welcome to our new members @Viper , @Happybug , @What , @RoboPanda , @Lg2022 , @Jay-b , @Siracha , @Bob-oliver and @Foggy7

In these forums you'll find a supportive, non-judgemental community of people who understand the ups and downs of recovery! This is a place to share support, advice and tips!

You might find it useful to check out the 100 Day Challenge Threads and the Success Stories Thread as a bit of inspiration to get you started! :o
    0 x
    Printemps

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:15 am

Good morning and welcome to our new members @Ijaay12 , @Dm1638 , @Dioff , @KLG82 , @Jfm08 and @Pandora00

In these forums you'll find a supportive, non-judgemental community of people who understand the ups and downs of recovery! This is a place to share support, advice and tips!

You might find it useful to check out the 100 Day Challenge Threads and the Success Stories Thread as a bit of inspiration to get you started! :o
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:40 am

good moring on this slightly drizzly and over cast day in Melbourne! I want to start off with a big welcome to our newest members @User 61d7fc1c2984c , @George J and @1967chic

The Gambling Help Online forums are a space for you all to connect with others, share you stories and tactics and advice! You can introduce yourselves here in this thread, or start your own. Everyone here has their own lived experience, and this is a judgement free space!

If you have any questions or need some support you can use the @ symbol then type my name and I'll get a notification and can respond! I'll see you around the forums :)
    0 x
    Printemps

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:02 am

Good morning everyone! It's gone from drizzly to straight up torrential here in Melbourne, I hope everyone is having a good day!

I want to welcome our newest members @Mack98 @J_6780 @Cry @Stopit @Bakinator100 @pets&plants @Manningxr6 @JacksonAd @Mitch11 @Lf19 @AlyciaSOG @InverseInReverse @Fondsworth @tinkerbell99 @TKMW @Sore loser @10608016 @Shamsher25 @Mitchell739562 @capricorn97 and @123gambling123

These forums are a judgement free community for you to share you story and find support! I know it can be a little daunting and confusing getting started, if you feel up to it, you can write a little in this thread here, just introducing yourself and saying what bought you to the forums today!
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:58 am

Happy Saturday and good morning to our new members @Tilda , @BethPeters and @jase1414

Please feel free to introduce yourselves here. The forums are a non-judgemental space to connect with other people going through similar experiences. A great place to start navigating the forums is the 100 Day Challenge and/or Success Stories.

Looking forward to hearing your stories. :);
    0 x
    Bernardine

Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:04 pm

Sunflower wrote:
    Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:27 pm
    Hi Everyone,

I joined last night after spending all day gambling at a local Venue playing the pokies. I thought this would be a good way to overcome my problem and help my mental health by sharing my story and getting inspiration from others.

I am 29 years old and I've had a gambling problem on and off for about 7 years. Yesterday I lost $4000 over the last 2 days. I wouldn't be able to tell you how much I have lost all up..it's tens of thousands!! This problem is affecting my life in so many ways. I have isolated myself from doing anything because I feel that I need to punish myself every time I gamble and I should just stay home and try to save the money that I lost. I have turned into a person that is greedy and obsessed with money which I hate myself for. I have been out of control for the past year and a half after the loss of a very close family member. I can go weeks without playing (even though I have the constant urge) where I start to feel good again, save money, and then I just stuff up when the thought of gambling comes to my mind. The thought of winning back losses, the thought of winning extra cash so I can spend money on materialistic things, the thought of paying off debts, the thought of escaping from my sadness and isolation. All these things come to my mind when I get the urge. I promise myself every time that I am going to stop but I never stick to it. I know I need to stop and I know I can't keep doing this as it is ruining my life and I'm spiraling into a deep depression .
    No one knows about my gambling addiction and I would be too ashamed to tell anyone. I want to work this out on my own even though I know talking to family/friends/counselor could help. I am hoping that this post will motivate me to change by acknowledging on this forum that I have a problem and hear from others that are going through the same thing.

I am going to try and stop gambling completely. Today is Day 1. Whilst I feel like I am going to have an emotional breakdown, I am going to try to be strong and positive and think that today is a new day for me to change. Wish me luck and I hope I do not disappoint myself.
    I am new here.. looking for help like you were. I’m wondering how you went?
    1 x
    the_penguin

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:00 pm

Bump for @Sunflower

Sunflower wrote: ↑
    Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:27 pm
    Hi Everyone,

"I joined last night after spending all day gambling at a local Venue playing the pokies. I thought this would be a good way to overcome my problem and help my mental health by sharing my story and getting inspiration from others.

I am 29 years old and I've had a gambling problem on and off for about 7 years. Yesterday I lost $4000 over the last 2 days. I wouldn't be able to tell you how much I have lost all up..it's tens of thousands!! This problem is affecting my life in so many ways. I have isolated myself from doing anything because I feel that I need to punish myself every time I gamble and I should just stay home and try to save the money that I lost. I have turned into a person that is greedy and obsessed with money which I hate myself for. I have been out of control for the past year and a half after the loss of a very close family member. I can go weeks without playing (even though I have the constant urge) where I start to feel good again, save money, and then I just stuff up when the thought of gambling comes to my mind. The thought of winning back losses, the thought of winning extra cash so I can spend money on materialistic things, the thought of paying off debts, the thought of escaping from my sadness and isolation. All these things come to my mind when I get the urge. I promise myself every time that I am going to stop but I never stick to it. I know I need to stop and I know I can't keep doing this as it is ruining my life and I'm spiraling into a deep depression .
    No one knows about my gambling addiction and I would be too ashamed to tell anyone. I want to work this out on my own even though I know talking to family/friends/counselor could help. I am hoping that this post will motivate me to change by acknowledging on this forum that I have a problem and hear from others that are going through the same thing.

I am going to try and stop gambling completely. Today is Day 1. Whilst I feel like I am going to have an emotional breakdown, I am going to try to be strong and positive and think that today is a new day for me to change. Wish me luck and I hope I do not disappoint myself."

I am new here.. looking for help like you were. I’m wondering how you went? @Bernardine
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:02 am

Happy Tuesday and welcome to our newest members @Bernardine , @Jaycorbah03 , @Jezebel2 , @RK1010 , @StefPower , @Starting New , @Aggie , @Sarahmcc1973 , @Treyallen , @Graeme1987 and @Anxiouslyanonymous

The Gambling Help Online community is a judgement free space for you to share your journey and connect with others. Everyone here has lived experience, and have come to share support and find advice and strategies for recovery!

0 x

Return to “Change Makers”