Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Hollymonster

Re: New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:40 am

Congrats on joining the challenge!

Although it's a horrible feeling that you've been caught it's quite possibly the best thing that could've happened to you in tge long run.

Hopefully your wife can understand the addiction and once her anger has passed she is able to be there for you and help you through your struggle.

I myself get a rush of excitement when gambling (horses) and completely understand the joy it can bring...... BUT tge downside outweighs that "fun"

With time it does get alot easier, I must be around day 60 and had a little 1 bet of $25 on the weekend with a friend.
    Thankfully it stopped at 1 bet and I didn't have that urge to continue at all - so hang in there as over time is does get a hell of alot easier!!!

Best of luck and share your journey here with the group, the encouragement (especially from cat lady) along the way is fantastic!!!
    2 x
    Printemps

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:33 pm

Welcome to our newest members @Groot and @Sb25 !

The forums are a place for people to share their journeys and goals in gambling recovery!

To start off, you might like to check out the Success Stories Thread, or maybe start up you own 100 Day Challenge!

I look forward to seeing you around the forum!
    0 x
    Degener8

Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Thank you all for the support, I haven’t gambled since I posted this and am really going to make the effort to try give up for good this time, I’ve gone months before with out gambling but always end up going back to it so it’s going to be a long hard road. Has anyone tried hypnotherapy before for there gambling addiction?
    3 x
    Printemps

Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:03 am

welcome to @Stevealice ! The Gambling Help Online Forums are a community space for connecting with others and sharing support and tips for getting through recovery!

When you feel ready, we'd love to hear a bit about you! maybe what bought you to the forums today?

I look forward to seeing you around :o
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:19 am

welcome to the Gambling Help Online Community @Kookjini83 and @Ivanhoe82 !

When you're feeling ready, we'd love to hear what brought you to the forums and how we can help support you!

See you around :o
    0 x
    awesomedude69

Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:53 am

Hey there. I’m new here and 23 years old, lost well over $40k to problem gambling over the last few years, even borrowed money. I’m really committed to getting my life back on track. Very keen to learn about the experiences of those here on the forum.
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:00 pm

Hey @awesomedude69, welcome to the forums!

So sorry to hear about the $ loss, but really glad that brought you here. You've taken the first step already, which is probably the hardest. So well done! Hold on to that commitment, it will take you a long way. :); I highly recommend you go through the Success Stories and the 100 Day Challenge to learn from the experiences of the other members of the community. You'll find some real warriors on here (need a strong arm emoji here).

Hope to see you around in the forums. Keep us posted on how you're going. "A problem shared is a problem halved". Also, great username! :cool:
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:11 am

Welcome to our newest member @HelpHere and @Acceptance1!

The forums are a safe and non-judgemental space where you can connect, share, be supported and support other people with similar experiences. Please feel free to post an intro about yourselves, would be great to know what brought you to the forums or if you have any goals in joining in that we can support you with. And please let us know if you have any questions we can help out with.

Looking forward to hearing from yous. :o
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:06 am

Good morning and a big welcome to @s_zouzou, @Maverick13 and @Mistral68

The gambling help online forums are a space to connect with others and share you journey with gambling and recovery! We'd love to get to know a bit about you, when you feel ready, you can share your story here!

I look forward to seeing you around the forums :o
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:35 pm

Welcome to our newest member @Chandyyy99,

Within this safe and non-judgemental space you'll be able to connect, share, be supported and support other people with similar experiences. We're all here to help and support each other, so please let us know if you have any questions we can help out with. Please feel free to post an intro about yourself, you might want to share your hobbies, what brought you to the forums or if you have any goals in joining in.

Looking forward to reading you around on here. :);
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”