Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    BrittV (facilitator)

New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:23 pm

For those making and maintaining change in their gambling, this is a great place to get started.
    This is a thread to introduce yourself. If you're ready to share more about your story and support, perhaps when you're ready start a new topic.

Hit reply and introduce yourself to the community.
    You may not be ready to talk about gambling, and that's OK! You can always get started by letting us know
    • Something that interests you &
    • Something that motivates you.
    0 x
    Jarrad g

Re: New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi I am a 38 year old father of 3, I have been gambling for about 15 years and it has really affected my life and family in a really negative way, it has attributed to depression and anxiety and i turned into a recluse but have finally accepted help and am ready to do whatever it takes for it to no longer be an issue in my life.
    2 x
    jax

Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:17 am

Hi I am new to this site , but sofar really love the support and hopefully I'l be a success story in due course
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Welcome to the community @Jarrad g and @jax and thank you for introducing yourselves.

Jarrad it's really great to hear that you're feeling ready to change. It takes a lot of strength and courage, but coming here and beginning your journey already shows fantastic strength. Be kind to yourself, and seek support. You might find @JinxyWolf's recent post on how seeking help is a sign of strength encouraging.

Jax I'm sure you will be a success story - you're already on your way by joining up and posting.

I look forward to hearing updates on your journeys! One day at a time but this really is an understanding, non-judgemental communty of people who've been where you are now, so don't hesitate to seek support.

Take care, BrittV - comm mgr.
    1 x
    FrankieNEWY

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:32 am

Hey hey,

I’m a 23yr old student and have been gambling for just over a year now. I’ve put myself in debt, lost thousands, and I just can’t keep in the same cycle of struggling to pay my bills and eat over such lack of control of playing. So here I am, hopefully done for once and for all.
    0 x

Return to “The Courtyard”