Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • What a #$%@ up!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Jimmy0307

What a #$%@ up!

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:45 am

Over 20 years and losses in the millions, I am done but I don't know if anything will work. Wins are big and of course losses are greater. I have a life many would envy but empty in so many ways the rush fills.

Would love to hear from people similar to me and what worked for them. It's going to be a journey I need and want to take.
    1 x
    Hooper

Re: What a #$%@ up!

Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:43 am

Listen to yourself and your heart, you can defeat the problem by recognizing it and choosing a goal, a path for healing. Start a new life - if you do not have a girl - try to find her, fortunately, there are a lot of dating service. If possible - go on a trip and you will be happy, go for it.
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: What a #$%@ up!

Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello @Jimmy0307

I'm Calvin, one of the facilitators.
    Good on you for reaching out !

Sometimes gamblers can be easily pulled into the 'gambling vortex' as other members like to refer to it. To help break this vortex one helpful thing is to alter the language in which you use. It can be just as simple as 'losses' being money that we choose to 'spend'. Also 'winnings' or 'win' can be a false belief or perception because realistically, no amount of money from gambling will ever accumulate to hundred of thousands or millions lost. Once we break away from this belief/perception it can also help us to slowly break away the motivation to gamble.
    Try to identify and understand what your triggers/urges are to gamble. Figure out different alternative activities you can engage with.

There are some gambling counselling services that are available that you can access for free.
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”