Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Broke,broken and alone

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Sjhbailey

Re: Broke,broken and alone

Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:18 pm

Hello everyone I have fallen back thankyou all for your support over the past months I have been very good for some time but have gone backwards quicker than ever expected I don't know how or why I have relapsed and in a big way but I have come out completely and honestly with my wife and father this time I have fallen hard harder than ever before I don't know what to do at this point I feel very disappointed and hurt but almost relieved I have opened up honestly and brutally with my family members . For any one reading I understand how you may feel I do believe change can be made I just don't know how things can be going so good then within 15 min such an impact can happen I was frantic and not myself this time was bad and after being good for so long I don't even know how it happened
    3 x
    Ducky89

Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:20 am

@Sjhbailey I'm sorry to hear about your recent relapse. Sounds like it was a big eye-opener for you. It's wonderful to hear that you were able to take some steps like speaking to your family even while you were struggling so much. I hope you will continue to reach out here for support from the other members here and please don't hesitate to speak to a gambling counsellor on 1800 858 858 if you need some more help with it
    0 x
    pamela

Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi Ducky89..you can learn from this relapse..as bad as it is for you there are some positives..you have opened up to your family and that's a huge thing to do..and also helps with your recovery as you know you aren't alone ..stay strong
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Lapsing into gambling can be difficult. As pamela said, this can be an opportunity to learn from the lapse. Thinking about where you were, how you felt, what triggered you, what thoughts/feelings came to mind can be helpful.
    It may be difficult to process right now, while you experience a whole range of different emotions. Be kind and patient with yourself.
    1 x
    Sjhbailey

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Hello all just checking in to give those who have helped by leaving positive comment an update things are going good for me with help from family I feel on top of things for the first time in years I don't want to go in to details as to how I have overcome my bad habits as it may not be the best for each individual I just know it works for me and you were all correct I could not have taken such a step forward without my family onboard and the advise from this group notable changes I've noticed in past months ,stoped smoking, stoped biting my nails, have everyday bank acc joint saving and separate savings acc all with money in them also money in my pocket to spare but money is only 1 plus side free time spent without family betting has now turned into fun days together with smiles on all our faces also I am sleeping better and eating and drinking small things I didn't notice I would go hours into the night not eating drinking or sleeping I know it's still early days but things are looking good my wife told me 28 days to change a habit and she was not far from it last week we put a deposit on our new block of land and signed of on our house thankyou all for you kind and ongoing encouragement together if we help each other I seriously think we can beat gambling
    4 x
    22Jules

Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:21 am

Hi that’s great news. Congrats on the land etc.

Are you seeing a professional? It’s wonderful you were able to communicate and tell your family.

I just want to say please be careful if you have access to money. I thought I was cured from making big mistakes, it had honestly been a year and then just like that blew all my savings. I really wish you and your family the best! So just saying please be careful. You have mentioned some intense feelings in previous posts. Lots of people care about you and are here to support you :) please keep posting.

Best wishes
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:26 pm

Welldone!! Keep up the great work and keep note of your achievements so far, including how you've been feeling just to act as a reminder of the positives that have come from stopping gambling.
    1 x
    Sjhbailey

Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:40 pm

Thankyou no I'm not seeing anyone just changed up a few things let my family in is the biggest part and direct debits into accounts that can not be touched for me letting family know was the biggest step forward
    1 x
    pamela

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:36 am

Well done ..keep up the good work and you will beat this..having support from your family is huge ..dont give up or in
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”