Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Feeling hopeless

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    KG

Feeling hopeless

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:36 am

I started to gamble big after winning $9000 on those dam lightning cash machines! After winning and doing online shopping feeling great and putting most back in the pokies! Every spare dollar if not more went to chasing that big win again. Ive spent thousands of dollars in the last 2 years dont even want to add up
    I did stop a few months ago
    Last week feeling i had it under control which I didn't I spent a couple of thousand dollars i won the dam jackpot of 8 thousand that was last week and zi put the whole lot back in!! Only paid $1000 in my back morgage payment
    I was left with $600 I was determined not to go back it was eating at me the little voice saying go back you might win! I didnt and came out with nothing! Im so disgusted with my self Im a single mum and that money could have helped so much Its weird as much disgust i have my feeling to gamble relieved as I have nothing left the voice had gone!
    I get paid today and Im going to make sure I pay bills and have no money to gamble as i know the urge to chase my loses is there when i have money
    I hate the fact there is no joy in playing them its a money thing im chasing.
    Worse thing to ever happen is winning as i never leave with my winnings!
    Dam lightning machines!
    1 x
    Tilney

Re: Feeling hopeless

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:25 am

I won 12.5k on the lightning machines recently. I got a cheque written out for me and put it straight in the bank.. was determined to keep it, save it... there is nothing left of it now. It’s all gone.

Today is day 7 pokies free.

You can do it, push through the hard moments!
    0 x
    pamela

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 am

Hi KG..sure the win was nice..but was it? It went back in ..so was it really a win?? No..it was a loss..and if it happens again..it will be another loss..
    You can't chase those wins..as no-one except the machine wins..
    0 x
    KG

Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:26 am

Your right it wasn't a win
    Im determined to not go back
    I got paid yesterday and paid bills and shopping so I dont have cash to go back If I dont have cash I feel better its weird! I've lost the value of money
    I watched Kaching pokie nation and I tthis has helped put me straight in my mind. Its embarrassing how much Ive lost!
    Glad to have also found this site to know Im not alone
    Thank you 😊
    2 x
    pamela

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:30 am

Hi KG..you will never be alone if you one here often..there is a lot of support to be it from here ..you said you watched Kaaching which is a good insight into the machines..there is also a really good series you can watch on you tube called I win You Lose posted about 3 months ago..it is really worth a watch when you have time.
    Keep positive and you will beat this habit
    2 x
    needing help

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Hey there bud. I know you can do this! we all can. I'm a single mum too, the aftermath emotional nightmare after loss of control is so painful!
    Proud of you for posting and seeking help!
    1 x

Return to “The Courtyard”