Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Day 4

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Tilney

Day 4

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:12 pm

A had a dreadful slip up after 40 days without pokies, I ended up blowing 11grand in a week.. back to square one. Not a good feeling, but I came back to the courtyard and tomorrow will be day 5. It feels so good not playing them, I get a small victory every time I choose to take a different path home from work, avoiding the pubs on the main road, by the time I’m home, I’m so proud of myself for avoiding them and I don’t even feel like gambling.. the dangerous time is the immediate minutes after finishing work.

I’m determined to get to 100 days and more, because I know even if I go in with twenty dollars, I’m going to end up losing thousands. This forum is a lifesaver and I should never have stopped visiting it.

Stay strong to all the people out there who are coming to terms with their addiction x
    2 x
    pamela

Re: Day 4

Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:10 pm

Well done on staying strong..you can do this..keep those strategies in place and it will get easier every day..I feel excited for you..don't give in just keep going in the right direction
    3 x
    Tilney

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Thanks Pamela! Great to have your support! :)
    1 x
    pamela

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:55 pm

I am very happy supporting you..I want you to have the same happiness I got when I stopped gambling..it makes such a difference to your life and to start the changes are only small but worth it..stay focused
    3 x
    Tilney

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:42 pm

Thank you! Tomorrow is day 7 Pokies free! I’m pretty driven to succeed this time.

Had an urge/hope to turn 20 into 300 today, it had happened plenty of times before, but I stopped myself and knew if that 20 had gone I would have withdrawn more money and kept playing. Can’t afford to fall into that trap again!

I’m very happy to have gotten to a week!
    1 x
    pamela

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:06 am

Well done Tilney..7 days is great..and you did well to resist that urge..keep going like this and the urges diminish ..take one day at a time..try not to think too far ahead and keep resisting
    1 x
    Tilney

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks Pamela! Got through another day pokie free!! Keeping busy is the trick and constant reminders :)
    1 x
    pamela

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:32 am

Well done Tilney..Keep going day by day..you will be the winner
    2 x
    Tilney

Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:49 pm

DAY 9!! It might feel like a little amount, but it feels like a big change, as I was in there daily for hours at a time.. I’ve had urges but haven’t given in and do not plan too 👍🏻👍🏻
    1 x
    pamela

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:46 am

Well done..9 days is a great effort..Keep fighting those urges..they do become easier to resist over time..Keep looking forward and don't dwell on the past..Keep positive and take it one day at a time
    😀😀
    1 x

Return to “The Courtyard”