Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • I’m back

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Tilney

I’m back

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:24 pm

It’s happened again. I feel sick. I was on this website all through March, April and May and got up to 45 days.. then I went back to the pokies.

The last two weeks have seen all my savings disappear. It is so hard to write about it because I think I’ve always tried to not speak it out loud. I’ve blown 11k down the drain! I’m
    Back to square one and I feel very disappointed in myself. It’s such a bad feeling. I should never have stopped checking the forum, I got complacent and too confident.. I have a real problem and I’m determined to make tomorrow day 1, it has to be as I have no money to play.. broke till Wednesday night. So sick of lying to people, so sick of losing money, I really just want to be proud of myself
    0 x
    pamela

Re: I’m back

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:37 pm

Dont beat yourself up..you can't get the money back but you can prevent putting any more in..it's your choice..only you can make that decision and stick to it..ask for help.there is plenty on offer..take it one day at a time..you can do this with determination..good luck
    1 x
    Tilney

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 am

Thank you, Pamela. I appreciate the advice. I can be in control as to whether or not I put anymore in, that’s right.

I have to understand that money is gone and I just have to be happy to earn it the old fashioned way now. Starting from scratch.

Day 1 is today!! :)
    1 x
    pamela

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi Tilney..that's right..every day make the decision not to gamble..be strong and you will be able to o this
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:01 pm

Hey @Tilney, really sorry to hear things are tough for you at the moment.
    I think you've shown a lot of strength coming back here. You can be proud of yourself for wanting to change!

Sounds like it's payday tomorrow, do you have some strategies in place to protect your money? I know @Linda6 is looking for strategies, perhaps the two of you could share ideas?

Look after ourself @Tilney, looking forward to hearing more soon.
    1 x
    Tilney

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi Britt,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am feeling better today, tomorrow is day 3 and I’m determined to hold onto my pay and start putting seperate amounts into different accounts straight away. I really want to make sure I know where every cent goes from here on in.

Even after two days pokies free I’m beginning to feel good, I just have to push through that dangerous 3-4 week period coming up. I don’t want to let myself down anymore, and me and my girlfriend have plans to travel at the end of August, so I have no excuses but to save save!
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”