Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesday from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • $600 in half an hour?

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    BrittV (facilitator)

Re: $600 in half an hour?

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:20 am

@Soros001 that's great to hear! Thanks for checking back in!

Are there things you've been able to enjoy while being gamble free?
    1 x
    Linda6

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi

Just wanted to say congrats to you well done.

Linda
    0 x
    shaun1

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:30 am

Soros001 wrote:
    Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 am
    But seriously, I'm looking forward to being able to go out with friends, without having to worry if I can pay for my drinks/meal while I'm out. I'm also looking forward to being able to buy that game that's on special, the new shoes I want, or simply being able to buy a loaf of bread or bottle of milk when I run out between paychecks.
    OMG THIS!

MY god the amount of times i got offered to come out for drinks or go to dinner on like a monday or tuesday night as i was flat broke because i got my pay on a wednesday night the week before and absolutely just sent it through the pokies, and had to constantly decline and could never really explain i was broke because its just a shameful...

But even half that amount like $300 theres SO many things you can do with that kind of money... i mean you could spend a day in the city on youre own and go look at places each lunch dinner, buy lots of clothes, rather than even a full night out at pokies and lets say you get a good run and think that wasnt a bad night i didnt win but i had a good run... But did you have a good run if you still lost $300-600? for 1 nights pain? so not worth it, always remind yourself of the things you COULD DO with the money!

Even put it on more bills, double you're rent payment and get a week or 2 ahead, then you're next pay its more money you can plug into savings, Maybe book a holiday or a trip and save money towards it have a savings goal and something to look forward too!
    3 x
    shaun1

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:40 am

pamela wrote:
    Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:13 pm
    You talk about the simple things.. I still feel happy when I pu petrol in my car when I can because I can..instead of not going somewhere to save petrol.to go to th shops and buy food knowing I can afford to..a cup of coffee..a haircut.the movies..life is good when you don't gamble..
    You're telling me!

That financial freedom is a bliss, ive just posted in this forum an update where im at now since last time i posted last year or start of this year i can't remember, and where i am at now is amazing, its an amazing feeling to finally get you're head out of the sand and see the light that is loving money and not wanting to throw it away.

Ability to do things like dinners, drinks, movies, buy that new phone or a TV, or just food and not have to think do i even have money?

When you learn to stop gambling and finally appreciate the money you work hard for a save every penny into savings and watch it grow together with more money each week, even if you can only afford $25 a week into savings, be patient give it time and watch it grow and keep adding, treat yourself, the machines never well!
    3 x

Return to “Change Makers”