Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Relapse

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Zaromerkand

Relapse

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:02 am

Hi everyone

I has been clean from online betting for a good 3 months now. Suddenly the urge is back and i start betting again. Gambling all my hard earn money and max out on my credit card. I thought i could chase the loss but it getting me even deeper into debt. Feel hopeless and depressed. Self exclude myself from all the betting website but i still sign up for a different one. I stop now because i dont have any left. Afraid for the next pay what im gonna do with my money. I need to restrain myself. I need to do something
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: Relapse

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:15 am

Good morning @Zaromerkand

I'm Calvin, one of the facilitators here on the forums. Good on you for reaching out.

I can understand that online gambling can feel difficult to escape from because of how accessible it is.

What are the urges that have lead you to gamble ?

Its good that you have acknowledged that chasing losses leads to further losses.

At this point in time its important to come to a level of acceptance of the money that has been spent. This can be quite difficult and stressful to do so.

A good suggestion would be to engage with other activities/hobbies that you enjoy.

Remember you have the Power of Choice to choose how to react or respond to urges.

Good on you for reaching out !
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”