Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us tonight from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Can’t stop

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Jessleila

Can’t stop

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:56 pm

I have always had a weakness with pokies,
    I’ve always made sure my bills and living costs are sorted but my spending money always goes to the pokies 😭I work my own hours and have a few hours between kids school that I will pop in and lose what I’ve wasn’t I don’t know how to get out of this horrible cycle...I tend to go through stages I won about 5000 a few months back and thought I’m up so it’s ok but really your never up I wish I could just stop going any ideas? These new machines don’t make it any easier with the balls help...
    I was doing so well for a long time then my children’s dad came back into our lives and I think I go and play to numb myself I feel totally useless when I walk out empty handed
    1 x
    Mona58

Re: Can’t stop

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:43 am

Hi Jesslelia

Welcome to the forums.

You have taken the first major step to recovery. Reading posts helps to know you are not alone and you can find many helpful tips in them.

It is a tough journey But one that is very worthwhile.

All the best on your journey ... STAY strong !

Mona
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:33 am

Welcome to the community @Jessleila!

You might find this thread about our community's strategies for controlling gambling helpful!

How are things going since your post?
    2 x
    Cath63

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi, I feel the same the more I try to stop the more I feel so alone, I don't have a very supportive partner which doesn't help me with the way I feel so alone. :mad: I have never been on a forum before so hopefully this first step will help.
    2 x

Return to “Change Makers”