Page 1 of 1
Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:00 pm
Re: My Story - The Start Of A New Beginning
Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:22 pm
Welcome to the forum...
first up good on you for admitting that you have a problem. I know that it can be tough. I am a gambler myself so i can relate. I'm 26 and my form is the pokies though.
It can be quite tough to be honest with ourselves about the impact that gambling has on our lives. The rush of placing a bet is just so powerful that we will do anything to keep doing it. It's also a form of escape like you already know.
The main thing to remember is to never give up on yourself'' and to reach out for support when you need it.
My suggestions to start with is to
1. delete all gambling apps on phones or self excluded from them,
2. install blocking software on device. it sucks it costs money though...
3. be honest with yourself and someone you can talk to about your gambling as it can really help
4. find other hobbies to do to give you a natural adrenaline rush. I quite like going to gym, but anything physical is good.
5. Find a councellor who you can talk too. Ring the gambling helpline on 1800 858 858, or search online for one nearest you.
that's a few to get you started. hope it helps.
Take care buddy, you can do it,