Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A - what's stopping you from seeking support? - ANSWERS NOW LIVE
  • Crashed

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Menz189

Crashed

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:47 pm

Here we go again
    I was here several months ago, maybe even a year ago, was doing really well but have tumbled down the slippery slope towards the old me.

I am a Pokie addict, and was clean for almost a year, but have crashed, any advice would be appreciated

Will be back in the morning to post some more
    2 x
    Mona58

Re: Crashed

Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 am

Hi Menz,

Only advice is "start again". We really have to be vigilant all our life.

After 18 months ... Being to panic over an assignment due this friday that for a split second that old me thought go out get a breather... when I gambled guess where I went... but right now I've got to get out go for a walk.

Good of you to come back... keep posting and stay strong.

Mona
    1 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    pamela

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi Men's.. brush yourself off and start again
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:15 pm

Hello @Menz189

Almost a year of no gambling is an amazing effort and you're more than capable of achieving this again.
    Sometimes there can come a time where we may slip up. That's all apart of the journey.
    Yes it can come with a whole mixture of feelings such as guilt, shame, frustration and so on.
    What's most important is that we look at this as a learning experience, asking ourselves ...What was going on for me emotionally at that time? What urge was coming up for me? What brought me to the venues? What thoughts were running through my head? After we figure out how the lapse came about, we can then look at ways to prevent it/effectively manage it in the future.

Kind regards,

Calvin
    2 x

Return to “The Courtyard”