Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A - what's stopping you from seeking support? - ANSWERS NOW LIVE
  • Everything gone, and only I know

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    yej412

Everything gone, and only I know

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:14 am

Hi all,

I have been a problem gambler for a few years and recently it has gotten much much worse as I make around $700 a week. I had a nice savings account going which today I have completely drained. I'm too scared to tell any of my friends or family about my problem and I wish for external help. My friends and family think I'm doing extremely well with money as I don't generally spend it much in their eyes (i do all on gambling)

I would love some tips on what I should do, I've tried stopping in the past and at this stage its exhausting.

Regards,
    2 x
    pamela

Re: Everything gone, and only I know

Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:47 am

Hello and welcome..maybe it's time to tell your family or one member of your family even and enlist their help.Sure it will be hard but they will more than likely appreciate your honesty and be willing to help.Keeping this secret can be more damaging than the actual gambling.If you can't approach your family..perhaps seek professional advice..good luck
    2 x
    tennisstar (facilitator)

Re: Everything gone, and only I know

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:31 pm

Hello @yej412 ,

tennisstar here, one of the forum moderators.
    Thank-you for reaching out. I think seeking professional help might be something really useful for you.
    You can call the Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858, we're a 24/7 problem gambling counselling service and we're happy to chat with you any time.
    There are also free face-to-face problem gambling counsellors you can connect with, and the Gambling Helpline can put a referral in for you to help organise this.
    What have you tried already to help you stop?

Cheers,
    tennisstar
    1 x

Return to “The Courtyard”