Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Our community's strategies for taking control of gambling!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    AGHS

Re: Our community's strategies for taking control of gambling!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:45 pm

I agree, you just have to let it go. I had alot of what if's and it didn't achieve anything, what's done is done. Move forward, let these thoughts of moving forward consume you rather than lament on your past behavior.
    Focus on a new you, reinvent yourself, starting a saving plan was very helpful for me, watching my savings grow really helped. Giving back to community as a volunteer is another great distraction, rediscover old hobbies.......you can do what ever you need to do to help you!!!!!!!!!!
    2 x
    MRB

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:00 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the support and advice.
    1 x
    Danos2292

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:51 pm

@Printemps
    @MRB

I know exsactly what you mean mate we all feel it believe me, I'm 5 weeks clean now and have never felt better or in more control of my life. I also dwelled on the numbers at one point but you just have to learn to let go it's never coming back, think to the future and not the past, think what you can now do for yourself and future now that you've squashed gambling, I have and mate I have savings and investments for the first time in 12 years :) good luck to you, always here for fellow people that are struggling !
    3 x
    MRB

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:44 am

Thanks for sharing, really appreciate it.
    1 x
    smokey86

Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:53 am

Hi @MRB

Welcome to the group.

I don't have any real advice regarding this one as I'm still going through the same guilt and heart break of what I've done.

When I get these feelings, I quickly stop, close my eyes and take 10 deep breaths in and out.

It doesn't always work, but it's a start.
    1 x
    Punny123

Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:51 am

Hi@MRB ,

I know the feeling your going through regretting on how much money you have lost and how much guilt and shame you feel it’s not a good feeling I’ve been struggling with this feeling for a long time now. I think one of the most important things you have to do is forgive your self and accept how much money you have lost in the past and move on in life.

Unfortunately you cannot turn back time in the past or you cannot live in the future we can only live for today time does heal and things will get better so keep your head up trust the process things do get better! Don’t gamble anymore it’s a silent killer! Get high on life it self even just waking up today with 2 arms 2 legs is amazing you are already rich don’t worry to much about have a good day!
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”