Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A with a gambling counsellor - what's stopping you from seeking support?
  • Need help to stop

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    BrittV (facilitator)

Re: Need help to stop

Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:00 pm

king45 im sorry to read about your lapse, but love your attitude about today being a fresh start!

Great to see such fantastic support going on here.
    Just a note that in the interest of your safety we do not advise meeting outside the forums at all, or sharing details.
    I'm sure there are many here who would also really benefit from reading and participating in an honest, supportive conversation.

Take care
    BrittV - community manager
    2 x
    King45

Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:42 am

Day 2 after relapse

Urge still strong yesterday was very bad I kept fighting it take lots of energy but I didn’t gamble went home feel. Tired fighting urge really hard
    Today it’s day off but I will spend it with family I will update thanks for support
    3 x
    How the F did I get here

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:20 pm

How are you travelling King? Be strong and keep pushing your way. Things can only get better.
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:24 am

There are some really amazing strategies in this thread that I would love to put in our community's list of strategies!.

@How the F did I get here I would love to add these great strategies you shared here if it would it be OK with you?
    • Give control of finances to a loved one
    • Set up automatic transfer of your commitments from your account
    • Go to your doctor and they will refer you and you get 10 free psychologist sessions per year, on the other hand there are lots of free gambling counsellors who do one on one, wesley mission do both gambling counseling and do financial counseling if you need help getting on top of Bill's or negotiating with your banks they do it all for free on behalf of you.
    • Also maybe give GA meetings a go, some people swear by them, I found them very helpful in that you realize just how many people are in the same boat, you feel comfortable expressing your story with these people, I think sometimes that's what we need a safe place to vent and get stuff off our chests.
    • Going to the gym and having a hard workout is also great for mental health,
    Just let me know.
    If there's anything else anyone would like to add to the list jump in now, here!
    1 x

Return to “The Courtyard”