Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us tonight from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Facing the final Demon.

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Under the rug

Re: Facing the final Demon.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:15 pm

@Murphy

Hey mate... how’s rhings going? We are all struggling here.. just need to find that medium. I was a 8-9 months gamble free last year and felt good. I was the same, thought I was ok and went down hill. Was playing again on weekends but I’ve realised as I touch them I can’t stop so I must stay away. I’m back ton10 days today.. feeling good.

I lost my mindset at the end of last year but I’m trying my best to get back into it..
    3 x
    Murphy

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 am

No good everyone in a huge downward spiral and have hit rock bottom... struggling to find a way out...
    0 x
    Andy

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:44 pm

Gday mate,

13 days GF for me. I the same have gone for periods not gambling and like you, I know I can kick the habit for a lengthy time.

I am 36 and consider myself in the top tier of fitness for my age category.

I am highly self driven and motivated. I feel like there’s nothing I couldn’t do if I put my mind to it.

My weakness is the optimism that I know who will win and wager on an outcome of a sporting event. This drives me in to believing that I will win but eventually I get greedy and then chase losses and lose thousands. For some reason I’ve been able to control myself from losing money I can’t afford. But everything. Literally any spare change that wasn’t tied up with bills foremost was used to gamble with.

I don’t know whether your in the same boat as I but I to am starting to believe that boredom isn’t the word to use but getting out fulfilment. Maybe if we dive deeper for a moment. We hit a point in our lives that we feel that the current progress in our life has become stagnant and we chose to attempt to enrich our life with gambling rather then engross ourselves in progressing to the next step of our life once we have our finances in check. I don’t know, I’m rambling a bit. But I know when I have money I am stupid with it. So I am now trying something, I’m reading and listening to those that have built wealth and am using that as a focus now.

Thanks from one gambler to another 👍

Andy
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”