Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Help....

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Ninjat1981

Help....

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:06 pm

I need help... I have gambled for 18 years.. I have tried to stop and do for a bit then back again.. I stopped last year for 6. Onths then the. Ight of my anniversary. Had a fight with wife and well been back ever since. And worse.. We both have chronic depression and have tried to take our own lives.. I wish I didn't wake up every day.. My kids are better without me... This needs to end... Or I do.....
    0 x
    IC

Re: Help....

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:33 am

Mate, it's a challenging moment that we have all got through before

Stopping any gambling activity us the no1 priority for us to get back on track

Now you have already made achievement by acknowledging the problem, and come and shared your story

We can see the best counsellor in the world, but we are the one who can save ourselves
    0 x
    Dockers6 (facilitator)

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:36 pm

IC you put that nicely, thankyou for replying, your not alone in this journey Ninja1981. Remember that.
    0 x
    Jamus

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi Ninjat, that feeling will pass mate. Time away from gambling is the best way to see it all clearly.
    Best of luck. You have my support.
    0 x
    pamela

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Ninjat..that feeling will lessen the further away from gambling you get..dont be discouraged..rather feel proud that you have acknowledged that you want help..and there is plenty of help available..make today the first day of your recovery..
    Good luck
    0 x
    Ninjat1981

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Thanks.. I thought I beat it last year. But it keeps beating me.. Councilors don't know because they've never been there....
    0 x
    Mona58

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:44 pm

Counsellors hear many same stories. They are there to listen to you and support you and encourage you on the path to recovery.

It is hard work both mentally & physically! Its'all one day and one step at a time.

Have you tired GA meetings? They are a good of additional support.

Mona
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius

Return to “Change Makers”